New Grower Sensible Seeds Premium Wicked Widow journal (LATE)

Hypathetical Gardener

Always learning
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Deez Nuggs x Sour Crinkle
{This is a "going back" journal of a current, ongoing, nonexistent and almost done grow. I intend to do it in the format of a regular journal or close.}

This may not all be technically true, but big bro is watching. So... Ive grown tired of spend $350-500 a month on medicine. 14g a week. So i started an auto grow. Heres the setup

TENT
No name amazon tent (2.5ft×2.5ft×5ft)

LIGHTS
2 viparspectrum hp300 (135w draw each)

BAGS
2 7gallon grow bags (using about 5 g each)

SOIL BASE
1 bag ea ffof and cocoloko. I mixed half and half and added some organic dry amendments listed below.

WATER
Tap water. Let sit overnight with air stones. Not phd. Not even checked. I am PH blind.
Fairly consistent (it doesnt rain every 3 days on the nose in nature) 2.5 to 4 days inbetween waterings. Half gallon each plant each time.

NUTES
Roots Organic- Grow
Roots Organic- Bloom
Down to Earth- Bio-live
And of course worm castings.

FANS
2 cheap holmes tower oscillators
1 4" ipower with carbon filter.

TIME
For all intents and purposes, time is an illusion. But for my needs, all time is based on friday, march 23rd seeds in the ground day 1.

OK so basics... Im a huge fan of organics. It lets me geek on science and feel more spiritually connected (mama was a hippie. Some of her beliefs rubbed off)
I went with ffof and cocoloko as my base due to countless people using that setup (i know its not the best ever, but its reasonably priced, not terrible, and needed very little added to it initially. I added about 1/4 cup grow to each grow bag. Then i put all my remaining leftover ffof/coco(there was a lot) in a big tote used as a worm bin now.

I used plain water for first 1.5 weeks.
I brewed a tea-ish... I used tap water that had gassed off as the base. I used a cheese cloth to wrap up a handful of dirt mix from the bin, a bit of worm castings, and some GROW nute. I let it run for +/- 30 hours. I both foliar and watered it in.

I only foliared for pests 2x as i am indoors in an area no pets are allowed. I used SAFER insect killing soap amd SAFER end all.
They are both potassium salts of fatty acids. One adds neem amd pymethrins. One adds seaweed extract.

I top dressed grow nutes at the 2 week mark.

I also started LST about this time. All the photos have been renamed with timestamps for ease of tracking.
I was going to use only tie down, but i couldnt resist the allure of fimming. (Fun fact, dont f-ing do it. At least not to SSP Wicked widow. Just keep tying.)
The photos will say all i need to on the matter. Yes fimming promotes the hell out of side growth. But the photos of a month later in flower and its understood.

The fun of organics is its really simple. I dont have a lot of time to measure and mix nutes and ph and all that fun extra geekout stuff. So i scratched in some bloom/grow i mixed together with some biolive around week 3.5-4.
I learned a lot from old hippies. One of those things was not to stress measuring everything in organics. You can WAY over fertilize soil with dry amendments and have no negative affect. Im not saying drop seeds in purely dry amendments, but the diff between a handful and a cup is basically nil. The plant will take what it wants. So just make sure its there.

SO im going to upload a few files over the course of a few posts and we can watch them grow. YAYAYAY
748ca2fb2c71a1e35e8e022e1f58060e.jpg
d3bfc361fccc5b1e1df26c9eda5d2909.jpg
0151cfcf13179660fa29ca9f352ce977.jpg
6ddf82e22814ca4dff2f07f91b0e1de0.jpg
6ff5799314b6f801990be7869a2b4c56.jpg
330fc0b6a04fd4ea16312d9985bc283d.jpg

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fast progression now in flower the fimmed one is the much more "airy" plant. The thick dense one is the one i ONLY tied down. The airy one also seems to have a p or k deficiency. I gave it some bloom in water last time i watered. We will see if it helps. But ive got about 2 weeks left so we will see. These are current & taken today... Or 10 years ago. Who knows really?
94e39ec5848cb067777c6124ff59da59.jpg
c42a8d63ad65b7ab70cf37b86c8fc121.jpg
86f47700333eb628d5cecaac2377034d.jpg
b1ade51ef99976cb00c915a4539954e9.jpg

Looking good bro, it would be nice to bring those temperatures down a little bit as you finish them. If that's possible anyway, if not you do tolerate higher temperatures with LEDs than you do with HIDs on the account of the lack of the infrared radiation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looking good bro, it would be nice to bring those temperatures down a little bit as you finish them. If that's possible anyway, if not you do tolerate higher temperatures with LEDs than you do with HIDs on the account of the lack of the infrared radiation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The temp is actually lower most of the time now. Ive got it down to mid 70s from 8ish am till 8ish pm (lights are 4 a to 10 p) it runs hot when i close my closet door that the tent is in. I keep it open from when i leave in the am till i get ready to relax in my room. The leds do have ir diodes (2 ea). But i havent seen too much ill effect. Burned a small amount once. I had let the light get about 5ish inches from the plant. Ill post the manufacturer spec diagrams.
I kept the lights about 10ish inches away during veg initially. Now my topmost point is 7inches and my secondaries are all about 8-9ish with some lowers as far as 12in from light. I plan on multiple harvests and letting the very lowers just grow till it dies or herms for seeds and for the experience of seeing what happens so i know more for my next run. ALLEGEDLY.
94a946912ead381268b9a4311e68898a.jpg
306cfbdd71c29aeadbd09abb6de40801.jpg

Heres a pic supposedly taken moments ago
The temp is a nice 76. Id be worried about my humidity if i didnt have 2 tower fans blowing on low. (High and med give wind burn) the humidity fluxuates between e5 and 50 depending on last feed and outside weather, and even if we went in and out the apt/ house/shack a lot that day.
f7412e8f0dd337f9b2c3ba0826819e70.jpg

Here are the girls in natural light. Were at the water only stage. Im going to harvest the colorful one within a week. The other im letting run longer.

Back