Indoor Seeking advice- revising my setup for the 4th (and hopefully final) time

Reaction score
Hey there everybody!
So at this point I've completed about 8 grows in 3 different setups and I'm ready to do it right once and for all. Here's my past rundown:
1. Dresser w/ faux cabinet faces, CFL power strip, DIY computer fan ventilation and carbon filter - FF soil and nutes
Pro-stealth af, decent yield for first setup
Con-fluffy buds, high temps, eventual mold

2. Tiny closet w/ 250w CFL & reflector, powerful circulatory fan but no ventilation other than leaving door open - FF soil and nutes
Pro- reliable, self contained, no mold, minor heat issues
Con- fluffy buds, tiny space, no ventilation, smelly

3. 36x20x62 Apollo tent, 4" ipower fan/carbon filter combo, circulatory fan, 2x 300w MarsHydro leds - sunshine mix soil & advanced nutes
Pro- incredible setup, tent inside closet, great grows- regularly grew 1.25oz+ yields per plant
Cons- heat issues, diodes started burning out in rapid succession after 2nd grow, fluffy buds, tent space was very tight with 2 mature plants

So that's my experience, but now I'm ready to redo my setup for, hopefully, the final time other than possibly switching over to hydro down the road.
Right now I'm looking at a few different options and would love input or links to threads of interest. In my past I'm sure my nutrient schedule has been part of the issue, but I have never been able to achieve the dense buds that I dream of. I think the main blame may lie in the fact that I have never used HPS (although I do love the low temps and power that come along with LEDs

Lighting options- 2x 300 Vipar LEDs, 400w HPS w/ cooltube, or possibly a Platinum LED panel if budget permits. I'd love to do a small diy COB setup but I have no wiring/soldering experience.

Ventilation options- Can Fan Pro 420, Vortex 347 S-600 (small circulatory fan as well- should I do a vented intake/secondary fan? I want to keep this very stealth as I'm not in the backwoods anymore, so NO light penetration, and minimal noise)

Grow chamber- Gorilla GGT24, Quictent 48x24x84, or a DIY cabinet/armoire build. I'd really like to go the DIY route, but I'd be buying a cabinet/armoire online site unseen, and I don't want to have incredibly complex problems as far as light proofing/cheap materials go. I would love it if anybody could recommend an armoire or cabinet that is available online which is suitable for this purpose? Should I just man up and build one myself out of plywood?

So yeah, I'd love any input and advice! Trying to do this right so I don't keep redoing it every year XD

Thanks Chester!
I really dig those COBs. I think you're right about the tent over a diy chamber. Any input on ventilation?

Afraid I can't help w/ ventilation since I grow in an open closet ... :pass:

I'd also go w/ 2 plants in five gallon containers ... I like round nursery pots modified w/ air pot bottoms ...

Last edited:
Back