Seeds Just Arrived. Am I On The Right Track?

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my seeds have finally arrived (Original Cinderella Auto from NASC). I'm growing outdoor in coco which I've already buffered with CaliMag and soaked for over 12 hours now.

I've got 4 seeds, I plan on growing 2 in 2 gal pots then starting 2 in solo cups then transferring them to 2 gal pots. I know first week no nutrients are needed (using coco coir nutrient schedule from growweedeasy).

Got a few questions:
1. How high do I feel up the pot with my medium? I plan on planting in the pot instead of paper towel method, can I leave the pot outside or it has to be inside? How deep should I plant my seed?

2. I see people always saying water till you have around 20% run off water and to always check the pH of it. How do I get this run off water if I'm growing outdoor?

3. How much water should I be using to water my plants and how do I know when it's adequately watered?

4. What's your daily routine and top priorities from start to harvest especial for those who grow outdoors?

5. I plan on topping and also doing LST, when would be a good time to start these?

Thanks in advance for the help, would love my first grow to be as successful as possible :)

Just water until a little runoff. Use a nutrient schedule and don't rush things. Ph water everyone. I would hold off on lst unless you've got a few grows under your belt. Have fun

Top after 5th node. Its loaded up at that point to push hard

20210903_154416.jpg

Have you read any at grow weed easy? It sure helped me and they have wonderful pictures for leaf diagnosis. It helped me tremendously.

2. I see people always saying water till you have around 20% run off water and to always check the pH of it. How do I get this run off water if I'm growing outdoor?

3. How much water should I be using to water my plants and how do I know when it's adequately watered?

I don't grow in coco but I can answer a couple:

Coco requires fertigation every time. That means nutrients mixed in.

2) Your pot should be elevated and not sitting on the ground. Water in slowly until you start getting some runoff. A bit more than a trickle but not a gushing flow. Check the pH of the nutrient solution going in. 5.8-6.2 is ideal. If you want to check the runoff, just catch what comes out the bottom when you water. Put the pot on a riser.

3) Water slowly. Start with a litre at a time or some easy to see small jug/bottle. Add until it starts coming out the bottom. Then you know! Sounds tricky but do it a couple times and you'll start to get a sense of how much it takes. Water the whole pot.

Don't let the coco dry out. You may have to water more than once a day if it's dry and hot where you are. You basically can't over water as the coco won't hold it. You just don't want to waste a ton with it flowing out the bottom.

Read many guides and websites so you get a whole picture and not just one way someone says works. Good luck!

A great resource:

I don't grow in coco but I can answer a couple:

Coco requires fertigation every time. That means nutrients mixed in.

2) Your pot should be elevated and not sitting on the ground. Water in slowly until you start getting some runoff. A bit more than a trickle but not a gushing flow. Check the pH of the nutrient solution going in. 5.8-6.2 is ideal. If you want to check the runoff, just catch what comes out the bottom when you water. Put the pot on a riser.

3) Water slowly. Start with a litre at a time or some easy to see small jug/bottle. Add until it starts coming out the bottom. Then you know! Sounds tricky but do it a couple times and you'll start to get a sense of how much it takes. Water the whole pot.

Don't let the coco dry out. You may have to water more than once a day if it's dry and hot where you are. You basically can't over water as the coco won't hold it. You just don't want to waste a ton with it flowing out the bottom.

Read many guides and websites so you get a whole picture and not just one way someone says works. Good luck!

A great resource:
Thanks a lot

Back