Seedlings Drooping this AM in Coco Day 9

Zootown68

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango Smile
My little gals are looking a tad droopy this morning and I'm wondering if I should maybe go back down to 600 ppm for a few days.... Or if this might be something else. First grow and have been emulating the advice on the CCFC website aside from fertigating at a lower pH per @Mañ'O'Green . I've also not raised level of nutes as quickly as the CCFC website recommends. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all.

-Problem: Couple of my gals looking droopy this morning
-Medium/grow method: Royal Gold Tupur - rinsed double buffered, and rinsed down again till 100 ppm. Growing in 1/2 gallon fabric pots.
-Feed and supplements used: Feeding General Hydro Flora Trio, plus Armor Si, CaMg, Diamond Nectar, Yucca Powder, and Rapid Start in the following ml amouts per gallon: CaMg - 5, Micro - 2.25, Gro - 2.25, Bloom - .6, Diamond Nectar - 5, Yucca Powder - 20% of a quarter teaspoon, Rapid Start - 2. Started off feeding 400 ppm and have gradually worked way up to 700 ppm. Initially runoff was wayyy lower in ppm but recently runoff is a teense higher than input. ph of input water is 6.0. I've been fertigating to probably 40% runoff to this point to make sure that I'm washing everything through, but I know that this is wasteful... hopefully not harmful. Fertigating at lights on (12 noon and again at 9pm.
-Water source: Filtered Water from Machine at Grocery - us/cm ppm - 66, ph - 8.20
-Strain and age: Mephisto Canna-Cheese, Mephisto CDLC x GW. Both have had nine days above ground.
-Climate: Keeping temps between 72 and 79 F and RH between 68 and 80%. Have a little fan going in the tent not blowing directly on the plants. Have a nice carbon filter and fan in the tent too but have not been running it as it wipes out my RH. Humidifier and radiator in tent.

20210117_094303.jpg

Last edited:
You are overfeeding that poor baby. At this stage I am about 300 PPM and calmag not needed yet. Royal Gold Tuper is ready to use out of the bag.

The drooping may be that it is just waking up?

If your PPM is rising above the input PPM your getting a salt build up. back off on your inputs to ~300 PPM.

Roger that. Thank you, @Mañ'O'Green . I'll get back it back down to 300 ppm. Could you point me in the direction of your recommended feed schedule for Coco?

Roger that. Thank you, @Mañ'O'Green . I'll get back it back down to 300 ppm. Could you point me in the direction of your recommended feed schedule for Coco?
Keeping everything in balance raise the PPM by 50 each week until you see a little tip burn or other sigh of too much then just back off by 50. Generally speaking you want to run about 50-70% of this chart.

GH Drain to Waste.jpg

Reactions: EP3
Thanks, @Mañ'O'Green ! I really appreciate your input, have backed them down, and will keep going with a nice slow increase.

Reactions: EP3
@Mañ'O'Green follow-up question. I lowered the ppm of input to 350 ppm (beginning filtered water has 50ppm to start) and have been slinking the values up about 7ppm per day per your instruction to gain about 50ppm per week. On the latest fertigation input was 385 ppm at pH 5.98. I remember you mentioning something about runoff value data not being the be-all end-all, but values I am getting are still substantially higher than the input. I just measured runoff at 440 ppm and pH at 6.7. What to do, what to do? Thank you in advance for any assistance. The girls ARE looking a heck of a lot better, but the numbers are far apart.... Color is not accurate. They look a healthy green in person.
20210119_140558.jpg

Do nothing out of normal. They will be fine.

Back