Seedlings are growing very slowly

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have some Auto seedlings growing very slowly and cannot figure out what the problem is. The setup is 80% RH at 23 degrees celcius. The tent is 120cm x 120cm and am using a KIND LED 600 watt light, about 50cm above the seedlings. I spray water on the seedlings so they are not receiving too much water, but are moist from the humidity.

Is the light too much for young seedlings? The environment is all correct, so I cannot understand why this is happening. I have attached a photo. They sprouted 8 days ago and have not grown much at all.

Any insight would be great! Should I use a less powerful LED light (I have a 300 watt alternative)?

Thanks

Ponic Farmer

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 9.46.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 9.46.15 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Hi All,

I have some Auto seedlings growing very slowly and cannot figure out what the problem is. The setup is 80% RH at 23 degrees celcius. The tent is 120cm x 120cm and am using a KIND LED 600 watt light, about 50cm above the seedlings. I spray water on the seedlings so they are not receiving too much water, but are moist from the humidity.

Is the light too much for young seedlings? The environment is all correct, so I cannot understand why this is happening. I have attached a photo. They sprouted 8 days ago and have not grown much at all.

Any insight would be great! Should I use a less powerful LED light (I have a 300 watt alternative)?

Thanks

Ponic Farmer
tiny seedlings dont do much at first well what you can see there making roots below but for 8 days they are very tiny are you drenching or waterlogging your media

Your soil looks super wet that will slow them down. I had that issue with my last grow

:toke:- seedlings want less intense light, so follow your manufacturers recommendations for distances... typically 2-3' depending on the lights actual PPFD at the respective distances... 50cm might be OK, or a tad much.
T is low for seedlings, upper 70's/low 80's will see them speed up significantly.. That said, they are slower in action above ground, but plenty busy below! 7-10 days will show fairly slow progress...

Back