New Grower Seedling problem! Help!

Reaction score
Hi!

I just started my first DWC grow ever and i need some help so I would really be thankfull if u guys did.

So.. I planted my seeds in root it cubes and they grew up tall very fast so on day 3 I transplanted them into 4 inch rockwoolcubes that had been soaked in a nutrient mix with a EC of 0.8 and pH adjuted water of 5 pH for about a week.

Now a few days later the two biggest 2 ones have bent over right at the top and I dont know why.

I have the humidor on 24/7 at 75-90 % and a holographic series 1 as a light

could it be simply because they´re to heavy on the top for thier own good?

I havenet watered the rockwool cubes because i dont know if I am supposed to so could it be that they dont have enough water?

I will appreciate all the answers and all the info I can get !

hey manny could you maybe post a pic? it sounds like they stretched too far, are they about 4 inches tall or more?
try and stake them up until the stem thickens up some.
if the rockwool cubes start to dry out give them some more water

Yes they are aatleast 4 inches tall. thank you I will do that immediatly!
But do I need to my lower my light to? just to stop from making them any taller
thank you so much :)

how high do you have it, i'll have to double check but I think a hs1 should be about 50cm away for seedlings

I dont really know at the moment, I will meassure it tommorrow.
Only one more question, if I water the rockwool should I water it with the same water/nute mix that I used to soak them with or just pHd water?

I would keep using the light nute mix, but just wondering why you set the ph to 5 sounds a little low, most aim for 5.7-6.2 in hydro

from what i´ve been reading the rockwoolcubes does have a tendency to pull the hp up so if I set the ph to 5 it gonna rise toward those numbers (i hope at least haha)

Manny, I have been using rockwool cubes for germ and initial few days of growth. I keep them in a shallow tray with shallow water at all times. As soon as any little root appears I transplant the cube straight into the final resting spot. And while I don't have HS1's, I am growing under LED's as well but always keep them under CFL for the first week, allowing the new seedlings to adjust to light before bathing them in LED brilliance. I typically get several inches of stretch in the first 8/9 days as the plants put on new leaf pairs. I keep the CFL's about a foot over the seedlings and then 18" to 24" under the LED's. Since you are growing in DWC, watering should not be an issue. Hope this helps.

I would keep using the light nute mix, but just wondering why you set the ph to 5 sounds a little low, most aim for 5.7-6.2 in hydro
from what i´ve been reading the rockwoolcubes does have a tendency to pull the hp up so if I set the ph to 5 it gonna rise toward those numbers (i hope at least haha)
bring up you ph man

okey thank u guys for the info!

Back