New Grower Second Grow - New Components - Fastbuds Autos - 1000w LED/Tent

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Key Lime Pie
Greetings! I’m back for my second round, which is super exciting. Unfortunately, my first round was more of a learning experience than it was a fruitful venture - but I learned nonetheless. My current first grow is about 40-50 days old, but only 8-10in tall and showing signs of flower. Most of what I did wrong in my first grow was inappropriate grow box (tried DIY with tubs instead of tent), wrong soil to begin with, overwatering at seedling stage, rough transplant, and nutes too early. Fortunately I read A LOT on this and know to correct all of the above.

Got my next batch of seeds inbound, which I got from seedsman and capitalized on their Fastbuds 3+2 and 5+3 seed deal! Also payed with Bitcoin and got a great discount as well.

Wanted to run my next “blueprints” by you all, and hope this leads me to a better plant!

Fastbuds Seeds - a great mix of Ind/sativas
LSD25 x 8
Tangie-Matic x 5
Crystal Meth x 5
Bunches of free seeds from these dudes, will update upon arrival.

Materials -
5 gal fabric pots
BioBiz light mix soil
“1000w LED Dimgogo”
3x2x5 Tent
General Hydro CaliMagic
***Advanced Nutrients micro/grow/bloom

Planning on germinating in paper towels which was successful last go round, and dropping right into the fabric pots with soil. Figuring I’ll just use Biobiz, but I read more and more on the benefits of the coco loco stuff? This will lead to my next question regarding nutrients - planning on not depending on nutrients for the grow, since I don’t know how the hell to use them properly. If I’m growing mostly using only water, will mixing coco loco and biobiz help? Unnecessary? The more i learn on nutes, the more I’ll incorporate them into the grows, just don’t want to stunt/burn either.

Second - these damn Advanced Nutrients seemed so simple online when I bought them. Mind you, my first grow included feeding too early and a rough transplant - but I seem to read different directions all across the board. Use all 3, don’t use all 3, etc. I now know well enough to not use nutes till week 3 or so, but lots of folks don’t even bother? I guess I’m asking - can i get a clear answer from someone who swears by this line of nutes and found a good feeding routine for Autos in similar conditions?

Lastly, I just recently bought cal mag, and am pretty fresh to using it. Obviously remedies/prevents deficiencies, but I’ve also read all different methods of when and how much to add. Any good suggestions for an EASY loose regiment for CalMag stuff?

Hoping this grow is one I’ll be very proud of in a few months, trying to prepare beforehand. Any suggestions appreciated, and I never complain about links to reading material!

Fingers crossed for a nice grow and harvest

Hi @Growguitars and glad you're back for your 2nd grow! :d5:
I cant advise on biobizz and nutes, but my first few grows didn't go so well. As far as cal/mag, I'd like to see a recommendation myself. I usually start cal/mag at the first feeding, (2 weeks), but that's just me! Check out the link in my siggy labeled "Weak Link!" :headbang:

Hi @Growguitars and glad you're back for your 2nd grow! :d5:
I cant advise on biobizz and nutes, but my first few grows didn't go so well. As far as cal/mag, I'd like to see a recommendation myself. I usually start cal/mag at the first feeding, (2 weeks), but that's just me! Check out the link in my siggy labeled "Weak Link!" :headbang:
I do 1/4 dose on calmag from week 2 until they stretch for flower then give 1ml per litre until week 8. I adjust if I see a deficiency, depends on the plant , I believe.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

I do 1/4 dose on calmag from week 2 until they stretch for flower then give 1ml per litre until week 8. I adjust if I see a deficiency, depends on the plant , I believe.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
:greenthumb:

I found that with good lighting and a longer lights on, healthy plants can take a lot of nutes. If your grow is successful and they grow big, you're gonna need nutrients for sure!

I mix both organic and synthetic. I don't really believe there is such big conflict between the two. At least, it has not bitten me back in the behind yet!

How many plants will you grow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, still waiting on my seeds in the mail - can’t wait. While we’re at it, what do you cats use to store spare seeds?

I’ve got a 4ft tall tent, 3ft deep x 5ft wide. Supposed to be 5ft tall but it’s too tall for the space. It’s sideways, works nicely.

@Equatorial - was hoping to run 3 at a time? 4 at most? I’ve got a “1000w” led, but considering getting another light to help out.

In ideal fantasy land - I’d have two fat bushes of that LSD25, that both turned out black as night and heavy couchlock/night time. Then I’d grow a Crystal Meth (which i hate that fucking name, makes me feel methy) and a Tangie, both of which are cool for daytime. 4 healthy plants total, under 2 lights. Thoughts?

We’re productive smokers, need a good supply. :)

My BioBiz is here, along with my fabric 5gal pots. Went to the local seed/supply store and got a block of coco coir! Awesome! I got home, chipped off a chunk - set it in water and poof! Nice, fluffy, airy stuff. Grabbed 3 handfuls and mixed it in with the biobiz, and filled some pots to let that all sit and hang out a bit. Taking extra care of these new babes. Anyone else use the raw coco stuff?

Here’s a video I shot of the current babes!

My current/first grow! ^^^
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ated-excited-scared.64377/page-4#post-1753795

Back