Saving a nute-burned plant?

Reaction score
I think I nute-burned my plant with brown Kristalon (3-11-38 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn) .
She is totally yellowed-out. Mostly on the bottom, but the top leaves are also starting to yellow too. :wall:

Is there any way to save her?

Problem:
Yellowing leaves, some of them dead and dried.

Medium/grow method: Soil

Feed: and supplements used: Brown Kristalon (3-11-38 + Mg, S, B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn)

water source: Tap water

PH in the root zone: 7.1

Strain/age: "Critical+ Auflowering CBD" by Dinafem, 38 days old

light used: Screw-on LED bulbs with their globes removed, 2700 Kelvin

Climate: temperature varies between 21 and 26 degrees Centigrade

Additional info: I want to save her

I really don't know what to do now...
I will now remove all the yellowed leaves, because they will never be green again and leaving them on the plant can only lead to more troubles.
Then I will flush her soil with tap water.

That's pretty much all that I can do, I guess...
If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.
She has 30 more days before harvest, but I doubt it that she will survive until then. I think I have burned her to death with that fucking Kristalon. :wall:

Nute burn at day 38.jpg

Nute burn at day 38 - 3.jpg
Nute burn at day 38 - 2.jpg

Last edited:
Youll need to fill out the help form for this one bro as we need more info. If you wana see if its nute burn you can check the soils PH and PPM as well as the runoffs PH and PPM. If the ppm is high it'll be nute burn. If the PH is out of wack it could be that.

How often are you watering and gow often are you feeding

I have seen worse but we need to get on this:

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate: night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics! Turn off the grow lights.

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

PH in the root zone:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Youll need to fill out the help form for this one bro as we need more info. If you wana see if its nute burn you can check the soils PH and PPM as well as the runoffs PH and PPM. If the ppm is high it'll be nute burn. If the PH is out of wack it could be that.

How often are you watering and gow often are you feeding
The pH of the soil is 7.1
Don't know about the pH of the runoff, will try to measure it soon.
I don't have a tool to measure PPM.

I am pretty sure this is nute burn because it appeared after I started feeding her flowering nutes.
I water her every 4-5 days and I have given her two 3/4 strength doses of brown Kristalon so far.

I just defoliated all the dried and yellowed leaves and flushed the fuck out of the soil with pure tap water.
This is what she looks like now:

Nute burned after defoliation 2.jpg

Nute burned after defoliation 3.jpg

Tds meters are awesome man! Youll definitely want to get one for the long haul. They arent expensive. 10-20$.

What kind of soil?

Can you take a picture of the use instructions off the bag? Also the guaranteed analysis. It does not look like there is any calcium in that product?
What is the source of your water. If it is municipal water get the water quality report off the internet. I am interested in the hardness and sanitation sections.

Tds meters are awesome man! Youll definitely want to get one for the long haul. They arent expensive. 10-20$.
Don't buy a damn cheap TDS meter get a real EC meter your plants lives depend on it.

Don't buy a damn cheap TDS meter get a real EC meter your plants lives depend on it.
I have 2 pairs of the vivosun ones. The kits that come with ph meters. As ManOGreen said there are better routes to go. But im a single dad to 3 kids. The mom passed. So unfortunately thats the best I can do.

I like your set up tho bro! Best of luck with the rest of the grow. May the Bud Buddha bless your nugs with many trichomes and dense nuglets.

Reactions: EP3
I have 2 pairs of the vivosun ones. The kits that come with ph meters. As ManOGreen said there are better routes to go. But im a single dad to 3 kids. The mom passed. So unfortunately thats the best I can do.
Something is better than nothing. I lost a 6 plant grow 3 weeks from harvest because of a cheap PH pen that was lying to me. The street value of the crop would have been in the thousands. I lost the time, seeds, nutrients and power out of pocket on top of the crop. All of the sudden a $100.00 PH pen was no longer expensive. I understand priorities and quite frankly unless your supporting your family with this crop it is not at the top of the list.

Back