Extraction Safe dose calculations

OverGrown

Basically Lazy
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dragon Grease Dabs
So I have seen that many don't know how much medicine they are taking when using edibles. A generally accepted term is hmmmm "low and slow". While most don't have access to lab testing and greedy seed banks don't spend their profits on testing. I found 15-20% thc to be accepted as average results. Sure a few test above but not that many!

So here it is... The average dose of thc found in commercially sold edibles is 10-15mg thc. So say your strain is 18%thc and each gram is 1000 mg, that gram has 180 mg of thc. Can you extract that 180mg completely???? IDK...

I take 7 grams of meds and I use a 15% thc average for my home grown meds to get in the ballpark of 1050mg thc. I use 90 ml of solvent and reduce it by 1/3 to 60ml. 1050/60 is 17.5 mg thc / ML of Green Dragon Tincture +/-. This for me is a very safe dose.

The same can be done with butter and oils by using weight or volume of finished product divided by the "known" total amount in mg of thc. When using trim/popcorn I reduce the thc% by 1/3.

For butter I use 28g / 455g it reduces to .75 so 350g ish and 4200 mg thc from my ounce. I end up with 12 mg thc / gram of butter using 15%thc from my own flower. I use 2 grams of butter in my recipe for what is called "bulletproof coffee".
Here is to enjoying meds with out going green and ending up on the floor. :vibe:

Regards

Last edited:
So I have seen that many don't know how much medicine they are taking when using edibles. A generally accepted term is hmmmm "low and slow". While most don't have access to lab testing and greedy seed banks don't spend their profits on testing. I found 15-20% thc to be accepted as average results. Sure a few test above but not that many!

So here it is... The average dose of thc found in commercially sold edibles is 10-15mg thc. So say your strain is 18%thc and each gram is 1000 mg, that gram has 180 mg of thc. Can you extract that 180mg completely???? IDK...

I take 7 grams of meds and I use a 15% thc average for my home grown meds to get in the ballpark of 1050mg thc. I use 90 ml of solvent and reduce it by 1/3 to 60ml. 1050/60 is 17.5 mg thc / ML of Green Dragon Tincture +/-. This for me is a very safe dose.

The same can be done with butter and oils by using weight or volume of finished product divided by the "known" total amount in mg of thc. When using trim/popcorn I reduce the thc% by 1/3.

For butter I use 28g / 455g butter it reduces to .75 so 350g ish and 4200 mg thc from my ounce. I end up with 12 mg thc / gram of butter using 15%thc from my own flower. I use 2 grams of butter in my recipe for what is called "bulletproof coffee".
Here is to enjoying meds with out going green and ending up on the floor. :vibe:

Regards

Very nice write up!! Thank you for the contribution!!

:pass:

Back