Extraction Rebel's Magical Butter Machine Home Thread - Recipes & More!

Rebel

AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I get asked quite a bit about using the Magical Butter Machine(s) so I wanted to make a home thread. I make many things with it for about 4-5 years now. We have both the original first generation MB machine and an MB2 machine.

I've infused Canna into Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Butter, Olive Oil, etc...

I will post my recipes, times, temps... Exactly what I use and where to obtain the ingredients. I use 100% Organic ingredients.

I'll start off with my Coconut Oil Recipe... Stay tuned!

Right now I'm making Canna Infused Honey for the very first time.

I am using LOCAL Organic Wildflower sourced honey from a local beekeeper. I would suggest the same! I would not recommend using honey from the store.

There's two methods of doing this... One is with Alcohol. One is without. I prefer without. It's just longer and if you're wanting to maintain the nutrients within the honey you must do the alcohol way (from what I'm told by Magical Butter themselves). I will post the recipes for both but for now let's start with the NON ALCOHOL method.

Ingredients:

1/4 - 1 oz of bud/sweet leaf (so 7grams to 1 ounce) PER CUP of Honey.

2 - 5 cups of Honey (2 cups being the MIN line and 5 cups being MAX line)

1/4 cup of distilled water.

Directions:

Place bud in machine. Add 1/4 cup of Distilled Water. Add honey amount accordingly... (For my run, for example I did 1 ounce of product to 4 cups of honey. So 1/4 product per cup of honey is what I used)

Place lid on machine. Plug in. Select 130 degrees for temp and 8 hours for time.

Hurry up and wait...

Soon as the machine beeps to let you know it's done... Strain honey IMMEDIATELY while hot. If the honey gets too cold it will not strain properly.

That's it! Be back with finished pics. Sorry I didn't add pictures right now. I will add them next run.

Here is the Canna Infused Honey with Alcohol method... Again the is to keep the nutrients within the honey if you wish. That's the only difference from the recipe without alcohol.

Ingredients:

1⁄4-1 ounce/7-28 g botanicals per cup/240 ml*

2-5 cups/475-1180 ml Everclear grain alcohol, 151 or 190 proof

Important: 2 cup minimum to 5 cup maximum ingredient capacity

How to:

1. Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.

2. Press the Temperature button, and select 130°F/55°C; then press the 4 Hours/Tincture or 8 Hours button (8-hour tincture will have a stronger flavor and deeper intensity).

3. After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGloveTM, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilterTM into a glass container.

Chef’s Notes:

Do not add water.

For best results, do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference. Refrigerate or store your MagicalButter Tincture in a cool, dry place.

Properly stored, alcohol tinctures may keep indefinitely.

CAUTION: MATERIALS ARE HIGHLY FLAMMABLE.

Could cause injury. Never use an open flame, natural gas or propane burner, or permit smoking around the cooking process.

1. Transfer your tincture into a non-stick saucepan.

2. Place the saucepan on an electrical or induction plate on low heat, and bring it to a slow boil. Continue simmering for at least 40-45 minutes. Continually stir oil from sides to the bottom of the saucepan. When the consistency reaches that of warm maple syrup, you have produced MBO.

3. Place your MBO back into the machine, add a minimum 2 cups of honey, set the machine at no heat and run it for 1 hour to blend everything in.

Hi @Rebel I am a diabetic so I have never done honey. I have a MB2. I use it to make coconut oil which I use for eating and making salves. I also make Olive oil for salads and butter for cooking. It is a cannabis cooks best friend.

Right now I'm making Canna Infused Honey for the very first time.

I am using LOCAL Organic Wildflower sourced honey from a local beekeeper. I would suggest the same! I would not recommend using honey from the store.

There's two methods of doing this... One is with Alcohol. One is without. I prefer without. It's just longer and if you're wanting to maintain the nutrients within the honey you must do the alcohol way (from what I'm told by Magical Butter themselves). I will post the recipes for both but for now let's start with the NON ALCOHOL method.

Ingredients:

1/4 - 1 oz of bud/sweet leaf (so 7grams to 1 ounce) PER CUP of Honey.

2 - 5 cups of Honey (2 cups being the MIN line and 5 cups being MAX line)

1/4 cup of distilled water.

Directions:

Place bud in machine. Add 1/4 cup of Distilled Water. Add honey amount accordingly... (For my run, for example I did 1 ounce of product to 4 cups of honey. So 1/4 product per cup of honey is what I used)

Place lid on machine. Plug in. Select 130 degrees for temp and 8 hours for time.

Hurry up and wait...

Soon as the machine beeps to let you know it's done... Strain honey IMMEDIATELY while hot. If the honey gets too cold it will not strain properly.

That's it! Be back with finished pics. Sorry I didn't add pictures right now. I will add them next run.
A few questions, why not store bought honey? How does it infuse in just honey, what does the thc stick to? Would you use lecithin? I like this way cause no alcohol, how hard is it to strain even when hot? Seems like would be tough either way lol. Would this work sublingual, or more like an edible?

Back