Lighting Question about Light intensity vs Hours of light

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a question regarding DLI (daily light integral).

So from what i understand, higher levels of DLI (daily light integral) equals higher photosynthesis aka higher yields (considering every other factor is ideal) and cannabis can tolerate up to 65 DLI.

Ok so, watching DLI charts, i notice that if (per example) i give a plant 20 hours of light at 440 ppfd, it has a DLI of 35. But if i give 12 hours of light at 825 ppfd, it will also have a DLI of 35.

Since in both cases the DLI is 35, does that mean the final yield would also be equal ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• DLI_chart_LEDTonic.png
    DLI_chart_LEDTonic.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 62
Following. I've been wondering this myself. In my previous grow, I was doing all kinds of PPFD/DLI math as I was thinking if autoflowers are receiving much more light in terms of hourly exposure, perhaps they should be subject to less light intensity on average. However, I was unable to prove this to myself with any actual results.

I currently go by standard recommended PPFD values, without "scaling things down" on account of the extra hours of light the plants are receiving. But again, to me what you're saying should be true. Hopefully someone a little bit more educated could chime on, as this is a very interesting topic.

-tronN00dles

Back