Lighting Question about Amare… how much noise do they make?

cant hear you dude these lights are loud :smoking:ive got 3 running in the loft 2x 150 and 1x 250 se there not as loud as mars but I wouldn't like them in a room with me all night I would say about as loud as a lap top but ive got the older light I think @AMARE-TECH-Vic has updated the fans in the latest ones hope that helps :pass:

I think the pro series are a little quieter. I don't think a noise free light is possible but these aren't bad at all. The solar spec lights I have have 6 fans and they are comparable to my cheaper 2 fan lights. Top of the line all the way around. Even down to the shrouds around the fans.

I think the pro series are a little quieter. I don't think a noise free light is possible but these aren't bad at all. The solar spec lights I have have 6 fans and they are comparable to my cheaper 2 fan lights. Top of the line all the way around. Even down to the shrouds around the fans.

I kind of "beg to differ" … I perfectly understand that premium silent fans are not top priority for manufacturers, but for some end users it certainly is, like myself. On the other hand, extremely cheap, inefficient and noisy as hell fans are all too normal to find - hence my question.

That is exactly why I went ahead and bought SilenX fans for my GN Ms0006's - I am an apartment grower, and having noisless setup for cheap night-time electricity is a must. I did got through very thorough CFM analysis prior to it of course, cost me an arm, but 100% worth it and in terms of electrical savings it payed for itself within a few months.

It certainly is possible to have a whisper silent light. Though it will cost significantly. Aren't Spectrum King lights completely fanless even ?

I kind of "beg to differ" … I perfectly understand that premium silent fans are not top priority for manufacturers, but for some end users it certainly is, like myself. On the other hand, extremely cheap, inefficient and noisy as hell fans are all too normal to find - hence my question.

That is exactly why I went ahead and bought SilenX fans for my GN Ms0006's - I am an apartment grower, and having noisless setup for cheap night-time electricity is a must. I did got through very thorough CFM analysis prior to it of course, cost me an arm, but 100% worth it and in terms of electrical savings it payed for itself within a few months.

It certainly is possible to have a whisper silent light. Though it will cost significantly. Aren't Spectrum King lights completely fanless even ?
you can do cobs with passive heat sinks not to sure on the dimension of the heat sink you would need all depends on how many cobs and what power not sure on spectrum king I think you can by the kits online complete with passive heat sinks noise is a bit of a problem for me but I cant hear anything from my lights but they are in the loft my air pump makes more noise

Wile nailed it and was going to mention pin fins vs active cooling. You sacrifice the out of box performance with DIY though.

Geoff I understand every situation is different. If I had to sleep next to an Amare I probably wouldn't be to happy. Again I also wouldn't have an active setup. I can get the specs from Vic on the fans. I tell you I wouldnt be surprised if they beat the majority. Probably not $30 each but far from those cheap $2 eBay ones. It's whole different game when dealing with noise as you know. I'm also unsure of any manufacturer spending ass loads of money in production panel fans. I just think the market and investment wouldn't have a great return.

2 fans from the hydro 600 are twice as loud as 6 fans in the Amare. Quality is not sacrificed anywhere on the light. Even the internal cleanliness and appearance.

Spectrum king is fanless but also not a great decision as I have been told.

Back