Question ab a soil mix

Reaction score
I have my seeds soaking. I bought some pro mix bx which I have never used. And I have several questions that I know some of you experienced growers can answer.

how much diatomaceous earth do I add per gallon of medium for ipm?

I have neem/karanja 50/50 mix how much of this do I add per gallon of medium

I have some crustacean meal should I add some of this also for ipm?

should I add perlite to the pro mix bx?

when should I start feeding in this mix?

Just in case you are wondering the seeds are grape dosi breath,sour crack,sour stomper lol

4wiw,
I do most of my outdoor grows in promix.
60-80 plants.
Its a good medium for outside grows because it retains more water thru the summer sun/heat.
Are you growing inside or outside?
BX retains more water than Promix HP.
I use HP to avoid the trouble and expense of airing the soil with perlite.
A good starting point would be 20 to 25% addition of perlite.
Do not feed seedlings for the first 2 weeks.
You will burn the seedling as it only needs water in the first 10 days.
Do PH your water to 6.0 as this is very important with the first feedings in fresh promix.
Peat/promix tends to be acidic and get worst with time.
So you may want to measure your runoff ph too.
Expect the runoff to be around 5.5 to 5.8.
Which is at the low end for growth in promix.
Will the plant grow at 5.5..absolutely.
But a ph too low will cause nute def'c down the road.

Thank you so much @GeorgeCloney its so crazy that I’m watching the descendants at this very minute lol it has the other George Clooney in it! The BX is all that my local farm store had. I wanted the hp. I am growing indoors. I’ve been studying ab what to ph to. Glad to know 6.0! Thanks again

My bad I just realized cloney not Clooney. Bad joke on my part! Sorry ab that

My bad I just realized cloney not Clooney. Bad joke on my part! Sorry ab that
Yes, pronounced clo-ny, not clu-ny
Like clo-ny the plants :thumbsup:

I ended up filling up 5 yellow bottom air pots. I added 1/2 cup DE , 1 cup neem/karanja , 1/2 cup kelp meal , and a bag of perlite. Man that pro mix bx stinks bad lol my dog was trying to waller around in it. Haven’t checked on my seeds since I started soaking them @ 9 pm last night. Will put the seeds in the pot @ 9 pm tonight!

I only use D.E. as a top dress if I'm having issues with soft skin creepy crawlys and tbh I'm not convinced it works for big ones like slugs who have tough bellies. Seems to work good for gnats if you have a thick layer of it.

I only use D.E. as a top dress if I'm having issues with soft skin creepy crawlys and tbh I'm not convinced it works for big ones like slugs who have tough bellies. Seems to work good for gnats if you have a thick layer of it.
It really doesn't need to be a thick layer. It does need a dry period for it too work. It can get wet, get on the bug(in the joints) and get it can work once dry.
Just don't get the pool version. It's heated, which rounds the sharp edges that punctures the layer of the bugs shell.

Back