Lighting Quantum style boards with on/off switch for UV,IR and Far Red

Reaction score
I have been looking on Alibaba at quantum board style grow lights. I see lights that have separate on/off switches for UV,IR and far red.
Is this actually a useful feature or just hype ? I consider HLG to be premier in this style light, yet they do not offer these type features.
I understand that Far Red may be useful for getting a stubborn plant to flower, I have no trouble getting an auto to flower. I understand that IR should only be used in last two weeks of flower to encourage terpene and tricome production. Why would these light feature be an advantage to the average grower ? Anyone help me understand how and when these light spectrums would be useful.

From what iv seen these lights are good but i wouldnt buy the hlg brand as the alibaba uses the same diodes as there all from china, save yourself money or if you do want hlg version email them asking where the parts for the led were made for peace of mind.

From what iv seen these lights are good but i wouldnt buy the hlg brand as the alibaba uses the same diodes as there all from china, save yourself money or if you do want hlg version email them asking where the parts for the led were made for peace of mind.
The quality of the parts used and the quality control, including meeting specifications, can vary greatly among manufacturers, even if they assemble much the same lights from the same numbered parts.

I think it very likely that HLG and other name brand-type light companies select better parts with the products likely being better (such as having better quality control, lasting longer, better fit-and-finish, easier to deal with warrantee/repairs, retain resale value, etc.).

If the goal is maximum cost-effectiveness or just cheapest deal, an option is to not order from China and just do-it-yourself from parts you select.

Back