New Grower Posties plants

Reaction score
Hello all,

thought I’d start my very own diary maybe get a little help and guidance along the way from the vets here.

quick overview

3x3 tent Ac infinity
Spiderfarmer se3000
Mephisto genetics autos

So this is second attempt. Popped first bean 2 weeks ago put into 12 ltr pot and drowned it. Finally died few days ago. Second bean popped 9 days ago and is now 5 days old today. Pic attached

just bought a little spray bottle and sprayed the top of soil lightly for first time tonight with water and a little root juice. This one looking so much better.

anyway this was just a quick hello from me. Hopefully some of you guys want to follow along and help.
Postie

Attachments

• 46067AD9-2C19-49E4-AD55-4390929A40E1.jpeg
    46067AD9-2C19-49E4-AD55-4390929A40E1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • D2DA268A-F734-4D41-9EC1-45C28303DCE9.jpeg
    D2DA268A-F734-4D41-9EC1-45C28303DCE9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 99D6B544-5050-406A-803A-813C7834B0DD.jpeg
    99D6B544-5050-406A-803A-813C7834B0DD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
:greenthumb: Good luck & I'll be following along! :pop:

I am a vet, :salute: & I have growing experience .... to an extent. :rofl:

I'm guessing that since you over-watered your 1st attempt, that your growing in soil. Over watering is easy to do and it's one of the biggest mistakes new growers make. Before planting, (but after you water in you medium), pick up your pot & feel the weight. If you have to, put it on a scale and weigh it. After the pot has lost at least 50% of it's weight, than it's time to water again. You may have to weigh your pots repeatedly, as the plant grows it adds to the weight. Misting in between is fine as long as you don't over do it. If I notice or think of anything else, I'll chime in! :peace::pass:

It’s a Hubbabubbahaze. I should say I’m in Biobizz lightmix so was just following they’re schedule. First week root juice? Then fish mix after although I’ve read use half doses for autos

Yeah my mistake before was big pot and I hit it with 3 ltrs after I put seed in rather than before and squeezing excess out. Never stood a chance. Also I had light 8 inches at that time so after drowning it got fried.
This time use little pot and light 18 inches away. I will by some myco this week and transplant this time.

That was interesting monte wondering if the schedule is just away to squeeze some extra money out of me. Actually hoping to move to biotabs as I go along prefer the idea of water only.

It’s a Hubbabubbahaze. I should say I’m in Biobizz lightmix so was just following they’re schedule. First week root juice? Then fish mix after although I’ve read use half doses for autos
I have always just given water only until my plant gets to be 18 days or so, then I start veg nutes. I am using biobizz soil, love it, but never read any schedule from them, just like their soil cause it balances PH well and i'm lazy.
To get past overwatering autos, if you put them in a big pot from inception, I just water a small ring around the seedling the size of the diameter of the leaves it is putting out. As it gets bigger so does the ring, and when the leaves hit the side of the pot I start watering the entire pot. This makes the roots reach farther for water.
Most of what I do I learned from @Autobeast - he has a good post on growing with Biobizz here:

Thanks for this. Quite a thread I will make this my new homework. I’ve seen him about here and know he’s highly regarded. I’m just so excited to set of on my own wee journey to be self sufficient.

I have always just given water only until my plant gets to be 18 days or so, then I start veg nutes. I am using biobizz soil, love it, but never read any schedule from them, just like their soil cause it balances PH well and i'm lazy.
To get past overwatering autos, if you put them in a big pot from inception, I just water a small ring around the seedling the size of the diameter of the leaves it is putting out. As it gets bigger so does the ring, and when the leaves hit the side of the pot I start watering the entire pot. This makes the roots reach farther for water.
Most of what I do I learned from @Autobeast - he has a good post on growing with Biobizz here:
Watering in a little ring is a problem from a couple of stand points. First a cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in just 3 days. The laterals are not far behind. Roots will not grow into dry soil they simply stop. This can stunt the plant. Second is if you dry the soil out too much it can get hydrophobic and the microbes that feed the plant will die or go dormant. Both of these potential problems are not good.

It has already been mentioned above but I will repeat:

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

Back