New Grower Please help needed. Autoflower watering and fox farm trio nutes.

So I’m almost ready to start my first auto grow, I’ve purchased a 32x32x63 tent with a mars hydro 300w LED and a Viparspectra reflector series 300w LED, along with some Happy frog soil and the Fox farm trio nutrients. I’m gonna be growing 3 plants at the most, probably a critical purple auto, a GG auto, and a Tangerine dream, all purchased from Growerschoiceseeds. The only problem I’m running into thus far is figuring out how much to water my plants throughout the entire grow, and also how use the Trio nutrients. It’s just all confusing to me because the schedule it comes with is for photo periods. I’ll be growing in 3 gallon pots, running a 20/4 light schedule. Any help would be much appreciated seeing as my tent and soil should be here tomorrow. Thanks!

Hello and :welcome: you've come to the right place to learn about growing autoflowers. :smoking: I use several nute lines including ff trio. I use the same soil dont feed for 1st ten days then go full strength when running ff. I do add 30% airattion to the soil via ready grow airattion mix.

Seedlings wont need much water, try to keep away from the stem the first several waterings. Better to water little more often than to over water. Measure what you're giving them throughout the grow it will differ from plant to plant. I water/feed every 2 days

How much water would you recommend I start off with ? I’ve read to water until you see run off but that just seems like so much water at a small stage in that big of a pot

For autoflower's it's a good idea to start your nutes at 1/4 of published amount. See how it goes from there and adjust.
When I grew in soil, I would water to some run off, wait 5-6 hours, then plant germed seed. I would wait for it to dry well, then basically repeat. Get used to the weight by lifting pots with index and thumb. Soon enough you will know when she needs more. You've got be diligent and not over water in soil. Let the lady establish before beginning nutes. Lots of growers wait for vertical growth to stop before beginning flowering nutes.

For autoflower's it's a good idea to start your nutes at 1/4 of published amount. See how it goes from there and adjust.
When I grew in soil, I would water to some run off, wait 5-6 hours, then plant germed seed. I would wait for it to dry well, then basically repeat. Get used to the weight by lifting pots with index and thumb. Soon enough you will know when she needs more. You've got be diligent and not over water in soil. Let the lady establish before beginning nutes. Lots of growers wait for vertical growth to stop before beginning flowering nutes.

I planned on waiting until about week 3 before starting the nutes, does the amount of water increase as the plant grows bigger or should I just water until runoff everytime and repeat ?

Get you a meat injector from Wal-Mart or somewhere similar. It has mL measurements on it. I use it when my seedlings are small and water around the plant...it makes it easier to control how much youre watering. You can also take the needle off and use it to suck up your runoff when you water.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using FF nutrients full strength on autos. I would start out with a quarter strength...after 3 or 4 weeks....depending on how they are looking. I am currently using FF Grow Big and FF Tiger Bloom. My plants are in full flower and I still havent worked my way up to full strength yet...still on about half strength.
8e195f7d8992e6de1e85c6cff958c7ad.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Get you a meat injector from Wal-Mart or somewhere similar. It has mL measurements on it. I use it when my seedlings are small and water around the plant...it makes it easier to control how much youre watering. You can also take the needle off and use it to suck up your runoff when you water.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using FF nutrients full strength on autos. I would start out with a quarter strength...after 3 or 4 weeks....depending on how they are looking. I am currently using FF Grow Big and FF Tiger Bloom. My plants are in full flower and I still havent worked my way up to full strength yet...still on about half strength.
8e195f7d8992e6de1e85c6cff958c7ad.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

@firsttimegrower12 I will probably start out at 1/4 of the recommended dose. Is there a certain amount of water you’re supposed to use based off size of the pot and increase of plant growth? Or does the amount of water stay the same the entire grow.

Back