Plants are sick and heading into full flower.

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have two mephisto strawberry nuggets growing and they aren't doing so hawt. They are in 3 gallon pots and the medium is FF coco loco. I noticed a couple weeks ago some signs of nitrogen toxicity or what I though it to be so I waited to top dress with more coco loco. Now my plants are yellowing fast and I could use some help so I don't completely ruin this harvest. So what I think is causing this is one of three things. Either it's because I'm not watering enough or I water too much. I'm using water only and making sure the ph is around 6.5-7.0. Or it's because my lights are too much for this strain. To be honest I'm pretty lost and could use some help. And you'll see the one stayed really short and didn't seem to space out it's nodes a lot so there is this congested area of leaves. As always any and all information would be greatly appreciated. On a side note I have GH 10 part series so if I could use nutes to get my girls healthier quicker I will I'm just not sure what mix to make for soil.
IMG_2076[1].JPGIMG_2077[1].JPGIMG_2078[1].JPGIMG_2079[1].JPGIMG_2080[1].JPGIMG_2081[1].JPGIMG_2082[1].JPGIMG_2083[1].JPGIMG_2084[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2085[1].JPG
    IMG_2085[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
I grew a Nuggets on my last run. It turned out to be an absolute monster that yielded 13.4 oz.

But I had similar issues. Right after it entered flower it started getting brown spotted leaves. But only/mostly on the top leaves. There’s some photos of it in my grow thread linked in my signature if they help for comparison.

I consider myself a knowledgeable gardener with good observation skills. But I’d never had the issue before.

At first I thought it was a magnesium issue so I mixed a little epsom into my nutes and it didn’t hurt anything. Then I thought back on it and realized that in my veg tent, she got so tall that she was very close to the lights. I was in a gorilla shorty and didn’t expect her to get so big.

After the epsom and moving out to the bigger tent, the problem didn’t advance but obviously the brown spots didn’t go away. And I had a great harvest. I run coco and synthetic nutes - Floraflex.

I know that’s not a lot of help. But you mentioned lights. Just my experience with this particular, same strain. Only my spotting was up top where she took the most light. Hopefully someone can shed more “light” because it was new to me. And I’m always open to learning. Good luck.

@GreenBean Thanks for the response, I'm more used to coco myself and even though I was trying to go away from it I think I;m going back to it for a while lol

If anyone else can help me with some suggestions to get my girls healthy again through flowering that would be great!

Hungry. Coco loco should only last you a couple weeks without feeding since it's basically Coco with worm castings. You should also be watering and feeding daily now and be closer to 5.8ph with it :d5:

Hungry. Coco loco should only last you a couple weeks without feeding since it's basically Coco with worm castings. You should also be watering and feeding daily now and be closer to 5.8ph with it :d5:
Thanks for the response. Idk if you're familiar with GH's 10 part series but if you are should I just make a mix corresponding to the week I think they are in? Maybe shoot for a ppm of around 500 and see how they respond?

I've never used GH but 10 parts seems crazy. Anyway, I'd go with whatever they say for bloom and water that down to 500-600ppm and be generous with the amount. Not gonna overwater coco... And water/feed with that every day. Give it enough so that some runs out the bottom. Probably take like 1.5qts a day for those plants after a couple days of initial watering:d5:

I was on my phone yesterday so all I really saw was the spots. For whatever reason when I open the photos on the phone, they only load partially or are blurry. But I would tend to agree that they are hungry. I usually blast them on the PPM, but as Jerseyphresh mentioned at least start off and water them good and slow until run off. Take it from there. In 3 gallon pots, depending on how hungry they are it may require a couple watering daily. Not sure what all is in Coco Loco and if there's anything in it to help retain a little water.

Back