Outdoor photoperiod AFs

K

Kynyf

How well will photoperiod AFs grow outside?How long for harvest during the long days and short nites of summer?

Hello Kynf. I may be wrong but true autoflowers do not flower based on photo period. It's an age thing for them.
When you can harvest depends on strain.
Apparently for most autos it's best to grow inside

Kynyf...what do you mean by photoperiod AF's bro...?

If you mean Ordinary autos...they do okay outside..but your grow time is a bit longer..and your buds are a bit less dense..

I grow outdoor and off season...so I've had them outdoor in temps up to 50 degrees Centigrade and down to minus 4 degrees C...

The colder..lower light..the slower your growth rate...

If you're referring to the "super" autos, like Super Cali Haze, Chaze, etc., they are better suited for outdoors as they grow quite big. I grew SCH this summer, 19 weeks start to finish. I averaged about 4.5 oz. per plant.

I believe your asking about early photo sensitive strains which are not true day neutrals{autos)..they are strains that flower under shorter dark periods..like 16-18 hours of light and usually finish between mid august end of september...high rise,da bean co.,smoke-a-lot and boreal are all great seed companies that specialize in early outdoor genetics. you can't go wrong with these guy's I highly recommend them as a excellent starting point for your journey.

mighty mite and guerrilla gold are so called semi auto's but why bother I dont see the benefit from a super auto

mighty mite and guerrilla gold are so called semi auto's but why bother I dont see the benefit from a super auto

It depends,I wouldnt bother growing them indoors,but stanko pulled around 500 grams off his chaze super auto,grown outdoors in about 110 days ish..I'd say that's nice return and outdoors is more suitable IMO

I was on about semi auto's that flower early like mighty mite and GG vs chaze not vs normal auto's

I was thinking of Big Buddah Critical Mass which is labled as autoflower versus Sativa Seeds labled as photo period .

I flowered a freebbe seed from female seed called easysativa what a great plant pulled just over 310 grams in total lush smoke in late august a full month before anyone else were pulling in their photo periods at A time when prices were nearly double if I wanted to buy some only 1.8M tall the theives and the police arent looking for plants mid august here

---------- Post added 10-31-2011 at 11:36 PM ----------

It depends,I wouldnt bother growing them indoors,but stanko pulled around 500 grams off his chaze super auto,grown outdoors in about 110 days ish..I'd say that's nice return and outdoors is more suitable IMO

I thought he put them under lights at night altho if Im wrong then i apolgise

Back