Photone Update! 0.6.3

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Just started my new grow and learned my Photone app has updated to a new version that now requires a diffusor for my Android. I decided to buy their clip-on diffusor. I'll post here my thoughts on the new accessory once I get it and use it.

I have the clip on diffuser for my iPhone. It’s a lot easier than screwing with a piece of paper.
Its a bit salty in price for a plastic clip, but the less hassle the better. IMO

A stupid question: How I do update the software (on an iPhone)? I looked but didn't find an option to update from within the app.

I bought the clip when they first came out and haven't updated. I wasn't aware of the update.

I bought the clip when they first came out and haven't updated. I wasn't aware of the update.

A stupid question: How I do update the software (on an iPhone)? I looked but didn't find an option to update from within the app.

I went to use my app last week and it said diffusor required, I never seen that before. Went to their website and then I read about the new version.
Seems both phones now need them.

Mine doesn't say anything about a diffuser. Android. Still says beta but I paid for it years ago. It does have this diffuser detection thing now
Screenshot_20240830-191104.png

I got my diffusor in the mail yesterday.
I did a PPFD reading in my tent. Right now I just have a couple 3 day old seedlings in the tent, so my settings are low.
No diffusor : 180 PPFD
With diffusor: 250 PPFD

Thats a big difference in my book.

20240901_080945 - Copy.jpg

20240901_080950 - Copy.jpg

20240901_080955 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Mine doesn't say anything about a diffuser. Android. Still says beta but I paid for it years ago. It does have this diffuser detection thing now
View attachment 1703888
I went back and read the site info again. Seems only certain androids need a diffusor with the updated version of the app.

Back