Ph water going into soil??

Reaction score
Hey all, Can soil growers please tell me if you ph your water or not? I've been using ph down haven't fed yet and my run off was 1500ppm..my ph from the tap is around 7.3 and when left for 24-48hours it goes up is that right? Biobizz light mix soil. 600hps light 1.2x1.2x2m tent. Growing 6 autos, I no soil is suppose to be a buffer but if my water is say 8.5 surely it won't buffer it to 6.5? Examples of what other people do would be really appreciated!!

Hey all, Can soil growers please tell me if you ph your water or not? I've been using ph down haven't fed yet and my run off was 1500ppm..my ph from the tap is around 7.3 and when left for 24-48hours it goes up is that right? Biobizz light mix soil. 600hps light 1.2x1.2x2m tent. Growing 6 autos, I no soil is suppose to be a buffer but if my water is say 8.5 surely it won't buffer it to 6.5? Examples of what other people do would be really appreciated!!

Hey there! I've used biobizz (light and allmix) in hard water areas like you describe.
Personally, i'd buy some bottled water (tescos own brand - forget the name), which has a PH of 6.2 and use just that for the 1st 20 days.

From there, if you plan to use chemical nutes through the grow (non organic), you may as well use PH down on your dechlorinated tap water (after adding your nutes) to bring in range.

If you're using the biobizz grow and bloom as nutrients ... it's my understanding that adding chemical PH down (nitric or phosphoric acid) is detremental to the grow (as it kills the goodies you're trying to create... is my basic understanding)

You could try using that bottled water all the way through the grow ... but i think that worked out to be around 50 5 litre bottles (around £50). (for only 2 plants)

Or use some organic PH down, or lemon juice to bring your tap water down to 6.2-6.5 range.

Hope this helps!

:d5:

Hey there! I've used biobizz (light and allmix) in hard water areas like you describe.
Personally, i'd buy some bottled water (tescos own brand - forget the name), which has a PH of 6.2 and use just that for the 1st 20 days.

From there, if you plan to use chemical nutes through the grow (non organic), you may as well use PH down on your dechlorinated tap water (after adding your nutes) to bring in range.

If you're using the biobizz grow and bloom as nutrients ... it's my understanding that adding chemical PH down (nitric or phosphoric acid) is detremental to the grow (as it kills the goodies you're trying to create... is my basic understanding)

You could try using that bottled water all the way through the grow ... but i think that worked out to be around 50 5 litre bottles (around £50). (for only 2 plants)

Or use some organic PH down, or lemon juice to bring your tap water down to 6.2-6.5 range.

Hope this helps!

:d5:

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I'm using biobozz grow, bloom and topmax but only gave them 1/4 strength Of the grow last week and that's when I noticed the tips looked burnt. There yellow and pointing down now. The plant looks a healthy green def not dark so it's not a toxicity.

I'm hoping because I was using ph down in organic that's why there pointing down?
I will get some lemon juice and see if I can use that to get ph at 6.5 but if not will have to buy Tesco water. For 6 plants will be very expensive but worth it in the end

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I'm using biobozz grow, bloom and topmax but only gave them 1/4 strength Of the grow last week and that's when I noticed the tips looked burnt. There yellow and pointing down now. The plant looks a healthy green def not dark so it's not a toxicity.

I'm hoping because I was using ph down in organic that's why there pointing down?
I will get some lemon juice and see if I can use that to get ph at 6.5 but if not will have to buy Tesco water. For 6 plants will be very expensive but worth it in the end
I use white vinegar, 2.5ml per litre takes it from 7.5 to 6.5. Then I switched to old timer nutes because they lowered my water to 6.5 without vinegar.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41]
Check out my grows.

Back