Indoor Perfect Pot Size - And what the outcome.

Johnnybudseed

Still dreaming of a perfect grow.
Reaction score
Hello, I have been wondering really, what is the perfect pot size? will my plants be the right small size if i use a small 1 or 2 gallon pot? Please let me know if you have grown in pot sizes 1 Gal - 5 Gal and the ups and downs. Thanks guys and i hope this is an intriguing thread to elaborate on.

Hello, I have been wondering really, what is the perfect pot size? will my plants be the right small size if i use a small 1 or 2 gallon pot? Please let me know if you have grown in pot sizes 1 Gal - 5 Gal and the ups and downs. Thanks guys and i hope this is an intriguing thread to elaborate on.
i use 5 gall pots they work great my girls are 45 days old and 4 feet tall :)

Id say ideal for most autos is 3gal pots, you might get a bigger plant with 5s, but not necessarily, a lot has to do with the care you give them also.

I'm intrigued in hearing others responses, I typically grow in 3gal smartpots and LST the hell out of my plants to keep the canopy even and the plant short but I'm considering going up to 5gal to increase my yields.

Hello my friend... everyone has gave you some great advice. But remember the key to plant size is pot size + genetics.. make sure to do your research on the strain you are wanting to grow. Some strains are just small genetics and it doesn't matter if it's a 1 or 5 gal it's not going to get very big. But other strains put in a 3 gal and fed bottle nutes could still out grow your tent lol... just keep that in mind my friend happy growing

What my experience has been so far with growing with 2, 3 and 5 gallon pots is that I pretty much end up with the same about per square foot. In the same space I have done 9-3 gallons and currently have 6 - 5 gallons in the same space.

Back