SOOTDAWG

Year round indoor/outdoor grower-HST technician
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Forgotten Cookies-White Crack
Hello guys.....just put together a lil photo journal of budwashing pics i have taken since i have made it a ritual after every harvest....the looks of the flowers pop even more and the aroma from the terpenes is kicked up....i did a journal for another group due to peeps and their statements of loss of trichomes and such...I use a 3 container wash..first 5 gallon with room temp water with cup of baking soda and cup of lemon juice-2nd container is a mix of hydrogen peroxide and warm water-pint per 5 gallon-3rd container straight water room temp or lower....plants/stems get swirled around for about 30 seconds-to a minute in each container and left to hang after 3rd wash....(you can see whole small plants can be easily tied up and fit into pail for full plant drying)....i used a 225/75/25 micron bag pull of all water after washing....as you can see...225 pulled large cuttings/dirt-75 pulled next to nothing and 25 pull a minute amount for plants done....all sediment was dirt/soot from fire/ and broken trichome heads.....i say its a zero to minute amount of trichomes falling off and those being damaged.....you can see in the bucket debris and sediment that washed off from just the first wash....powdery mildew/soot/leaves/dust/bug carcass etc.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG

Nice Post! I noticed you're doing the baking soda lemon juice wash first, interesting approach. I do a 4 step process very similar but do the peroxide wash first and add an extra clean water wash to the end of the wash. I have gotten rave reviews from my grows and people you rather have my bud than the store bought. I think this is where the large growers are going wrong and could do the industry some good. Nice looking Buds BTW!

Back