Lighting Opinion on QB Setup for new Grower & Tent

Reaction score
So I have narrowed down the options for grow tents to a 2 in1 setup which is 3x4x6.5' foot tent. The main area is 3x3' in size (9 sq ft) and I have looked at many different leds. I found one that looks ok but have a few questions as to the quality of it and to get differ opinions, just want to make sure before I spend any money on it.
Oh and what is the difference or what does the "h" mean? This seems a little cheaper than some others that I've seen, but I like the side by side layout. Most are very narrow and for use in a 2x4' tent. What do y'all think for new indoor grower? Thx in advance!

Samsung lm301h+64pcs epistar 660+epistar 8pcs UV+epistar 8pcs IR

HLG 260 V4 LED Quantum Board 3000k+660nm+UV+IR Qb288 Lm301h Grow Light Kit
Each Kit Includes:
QB288 V4 Board, 2pcs;
Separate Heatsink: 326*195*10mm, 2pcs;
Driver: HLG-240H-48AB;
Waterproof Connector;
Solderless Potentiometer;
Plug wire+Wago blocks+Hanging Rope+Screws

Item specifics
Condition:New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreWorking Lifetime(Hour): 50000
Light Source:LEDIP Rating: IP65
WEIGHT:5KGWorking Temperature(℃): 25 - 85
Application:Vegetable Flower Fruit Greenhouse Growing LightsLamp Body Material: Aluminum
Certification:CCC, CE, RoHSCRI (Ra>): 80
Bundle Listing:YesStyle: As shown in the picture
Type:LED (Light Emiting Diode)Wattage: 240 W
MPN:Does Not ApplyItem Type: Grow Lights
Brand:UnbrandedUPC:

Each Kit Includes:
QB288 V4 Board, 2pcs;
Waterproof Connector;

Kingbrite-240w-quantum-board-v4-lm301h-UV.jpg

O1CN01T6DPv51mEJyaIqPV0_!!6000000004922-0-tbvideo.jpg

Kingbrite-240w-quantum-board-v4-lm301h-UV.jpg

Details

If you have any questions, feel free to message us and we will respond quickly! We carry almost every kind of grow light!
Each Kit Includes:
QB288 V4 Board, 2pcs;
Waterproof Connector;
Some assembly required.

TOP FEATURES:
· High efficiency white light Quantum Boards
· White Light Full Spectrum for better results
· Reliable passive cooled design, 10mm thickness heatsink
· Better canopy light penetration with diffused light
· Perfect performance for veg and bloom
· Dimmable Power Supply included

SPECIFICATIONS:
Power240 Watts (True Watts)
Voltage Range102.6-114V
LED496 pcs Samsung lm301h+64pcs epistar 660+epistar 8pcs UV+epistar 8pcs IR
Flowering Footprint4'X4' or 5'X5' (2 kits)
Veg Footprint6'X6' (2 kits)
System Efficiency180 Lm/W
Dimensions24.88"X7.68"
Recommended Mounting Height20-32 inches

I’m going through this as well.

I know the Cree red led is the way to go the epistar I guess are pretty useless.

So 240w lm301h with the red cree is the newest tech. Look up the quantum board thread in here lots of good info. Lm301b is fine also. Kingbrite has better dinners I guess.

If going DIY the four pack of 132s makes for a nice light. Once you buy driver you can get 300w for $200. I am and have been growing some big plants with them. No fancy red or far red or ........... just some nice high quality full spectrum chips.

If going DIY the four pack of 132s makes for a nice light. Once you buy driver you can get 300w for $200. I am and have been growing some big plants with them. No fancy red or far red or ........... just some nice high quality full spectrum chips.

The only hold up for me regarding DIY is scouring the metal, sizing, cutting, etc. And one of the main reason's l like that particular light is the way that he built the frame. For example most just throw two QB length wise and it results in a long narrow 2x4 area of lighting. That setup they are side by side and provide a better coverage for a 3x3' (9 Sq Ft). I know Epistar doesn't have the same quality as Samsung but from what I've read they ok for the "little grows". It doesn't have to be top of the line but I also had rather pay more upfront then buy something cheap as crap and it fail within a year or so and ya get to do the same over again. Unfortunately when I moved somewhere along the line someone decided they liked my tools more than I did and cherry picked the best tools and left me with little to nothing but crap tools. Slowly building back up using Dewalt right now, but can't afford to buy new saws to even cut the metal. I've got a Jig saw, side grinder and that's all as far as cutting tools. To this day it still pisses me off, I swear my Blood P just went sky high typing this, can't stand a damn thief!

QB are cutting edge....but... that's with Samsung diodes.

Anything with epistar I don't bother with. These are meant to fool people who don't look closer.

Will they grow weed? Probably. But not like a 288 r-spec board with cutting edge diodes.

Lighting IS the engine that drives your plants.

Sports car? Or Yugo?

Back