Indoor Olderfart does Dinafem, Mephisto, and Seedsman. Autopots, DIY Lights and DIY growdrobe,

The grow as of December 3, Day 26 for the oldest girls.

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
This grow includes Dinafem CBD Kush Auto, Mephisto Genetics Creme De La Chemx3Bears OG, Seedsman Northern Light Auto, and Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto. I started documenting this grow in my blog, which has generated bugger all interest, so I will continue the journal here to see if this works better.

The basic setup is the same as the completed grow in my sig, except that this one is in Sunshine #4 instead of Coco. The bottom 4cm in the Autopots has ~50% perlite added, the rest has ~30% added. The extra in the bottom of the pots is intended to make sure that the flood zone of the autovalve stays well aerated.

I will start this journal at Day 26. Anyone desperate to see earlier stuff can go to my blog.

Here are all the girls as a group as of yesterday:

PC030001.JPG

Starting at the rear left, we have the Seedsman Northern Lights auto at Day 18, Mephisto CDLCX3BOG at Day 26, and Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto at Day 26. Front left is Dinamed CBD Kush Auto stud, front right is Dinamed CBD Kush Auto mother. Individual pics below.

Seedsman Northern Lights Auto, Day 18:

PC030002.JPG

This one will be moving into another tent in due course to make room for the Dinamed CBD mother. More on that later, because the "tent" is another el cheapo DIY project of mine. :biggrin:
The seed was one of the freebies that I received with my recent Seedsman order. I didn't really have room for her, but am interested in the strain, so I decided to grow her and finish her off in a separate tent once the growdrobe gets crowded.

Mephisto CDLCXBOG, Day 26:

PC030003.JPG

This was one of the freebies I received with my Mephisto order last year. She is a bit of a stinker already.

Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto, Day 26:

PC030004.JPG

The reviews of this strain intrigued me, so it was one of the ones I ordered from Seedsman.

Dinamed CBD Kush Auto Stud, Day 26:

PC030005.JPG

This poor girl has had issues, mostly, I think, related to my ripping a bunch of roots off when I removed the panty hose that I started with to prevent gnats that had plagued the soil grow that I shut down earlier. Anyway, she is alive, blooming sort of, and I should get some pollen from her once her CS reversal is finished. She has been on CS for about five days in the photo. I give her a thorough spraying over the whole plant from the top and underneath once a day at lights out. The photo is just after watering to 10% runoff, which seems to be needed more or less once a day given the ~2L size of the pot. Once she gets her balls on, "she" will be moved to another spot in the house under her very own DIY grow light. Once I collect pollen, she will be consigned to the garbage can.

Dinamed CBD Kush Auto Mother, Day 2:

PC030006.JPG

This is the girl who, if plans work out, will get pollen from the stud. I will pollenate a couple lower branches, and leave the uppers for bud.

That's it for now peeps, happy growing all. :pighug:

Last edited:
:hump: noice structure on 'em bud great lil bushes

This grow includes Dinafem CBD Kush Auto, Mephisto Genetics Creme De La Chemx3Bears OG, Seedsman Northern Light Auto, and Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto. I started documenting this grow in my blog, which has generated bugger all interest, so I will continue the journal here to see if this works better.

The basic setup is the same as the completed grow in my sig, except that this one is in Sunshine #4 instead of Coco. The bottom 4cm in the Autopots has ~50% perlite added, the rest has ~30% added. The extra in the bottom of the pots is intended to make sure that the flood zone of the autovalve stays well aerated.

I will start this journal at Day 26. Anyone desperate to see earlier stuff can go to my blog.

Here are all the girls as a group as of yesterday:

View attachment 1261179

Starting at the rear left, we have the Seedsman Northern Lights auto at Day 18, Mephisto CDLCX3BOG at Day 26, and Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto at Day 26. Front left is Dinamed CBD Kush Auto stud, front right is Dinamed CBD Kush Auto mother. Individual pics below.

Seedsman Northern Lights Auto, Day 18:

View attachment 1261180

This one will be moving into another tent in due course to make room for the Dinamed CBD mother. More on that later, because the "tent" is another el cheapo DIY project of mine. :biggrin:
The seed was one of the freebies that I received with my recent Seedsman order. I didn't really have room for her, but am interested in the strain, so I decided to grow her and finish her off in a separate tent once the growdrobe gets crowded.

Mephisto CDLCXBOG, Day 26:

View attachment 1261181

This was one of the freebies I received with my Mephisto order last year. She is a bit of a stinker already.

Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto, Day 26:

View attachment 1261182

The reviews of this strain intrigued me, so it was one of the ones I ordered from Seedsman.

Dinamed CBD Kush Auto Stud, Day 26:

View attachment 1261183

This poor girl has had issues, mostly, I think, related to my ripping a bunch of roots off when I removed the panty hose that I started with to prevent gnats that had plagued the soil grow that I shut down earlier. Anyway, she is alive, blooming sort of, and I should get some pollen from her once her CS reversal is finished. She has been on CS for about five days in the photo. I give her a thorough spraying over the whole plant from the top and underneath once a day at lights out. The photo is just after watering to 10% runoff, which seems to be needed more or less once a day given the ~2L size of the pot. Once she gets her balls on, "she" will be moved to another spot in the house under her very own DIY grow light. Once I collect pollen, she will be consigned to the garbage can.

Dinamed CBD Kush Auto Mother, Day 2:

View attachment 1261184

This is the girl who, if plans work out, will get pollen from the stud. I will pollenate a couple lower branches, and leave the uppers for bud.

That's it for now peeps, happy growing all. :pighug:
Using mosquito dunks will keep your soil gnats free. Just crumble
a small amount on top of the soil at the beginning of the grow and
no more gnats.

Using mosquito dunks will keep your soil gnats free. Just crumble
a small amount on top of the soil at the beginning of the grow and
no more gnats.
So I believed. I used about ten bucks worth of dunks on my soil when I brought it in, and still got nailed by large numbers of gnats. Maybe with double the amount... Who knows. All considered, I believe that the soil was full of larvae and/or eggs, and the dunks were not sufficient to get them all. Given my experience, I very much doubt that simple application of dunks to the soil surface would have cured my problem.

At any rate, they defeated me this time around in spite of liberal application of dunks.

Thanks for the head's up though. :pighug:

Last edited:
They look awesome pal. What nutrients have you got them on?

They look awesome pal. What nutrients have you got them on?
They are on Megacrop II with 100 EC of cal mag, and recently with a bit of kelp extract and fulvic. Total EC at the moment is ~650. I will increase it a bit with the next reservoir topup today, and likely delete the cal mag until/unless I see a need later.

The Strawberry Cheesecake is really starting to boogie. It will be interesting to see what she turns in to. :biggrin:

Thanks for checking in mate, and happy growing. :pighug:

Got my all time fave in there brother a nice bushy Northern Lights :smoker1::smoker1: wonderful. With the gnats the only solution I found is to keep the soil surface dry. They have no interest in dry soil at all. Worth trying to figure out the practicalities of keeping the surface dry but I think in coco it's difficult (so I hear). Best thing about that solution is its free :smokeit:

Got my all time fave in there brother a nice bushy Northern Lights :smoker1::smoker1: wonderful. With the gnats the only solution I found is to keep the soil surface dry. They have no interest in dry soil at all. Worth trying to figure out the practicalities of keeping the surface dry but I think in coco it's difficult (so I hear). Best thing about that solution is its free :smokeit:
I'm with you on the dry soil surface. I think my problem was that the soil came with serious numbers of larvae and eggs already in it. It was stuff that I had "cooked" over the summer outdoors, and there were clouds of the buggers around it at times. I treated it with mossy dunks, I thought quite heavily, to kill the larvae and hatching eggs, but obviously did not get them all. By the time I shut the soil grow down, the yellow sticky traps were well populated, and the little buggers had snuffed several seedlings. I might have kept things going, but got fed up fighting the buggers and losing plants.

I am looking forward to trying the Northern Lights. I will leave some of it well into the amber stage to see how it works for sleep. But not all of it. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back