Photography OG Kush Auto... getting close :)

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
This is my first autoflower grow, stated back in the 2nd week of Feb. Leaves turned really dark green nearly blue. Never grew any marijuana before, so unsure of best time to clip the buds.

DSC_0721_5-14-19.JPG

DSC_0724_5-14-19.JPG

and a cropped close-up
5-12-19-OGKushAutoBLOWUP_Crop.jpg

I have some vision issues, ION and as such I have a very difficult time making out the Trichomes colors. I see in the pictures the Trichomes, but don't see any cloudy or darker indicating "ripe" The Blue Green leaves are just a touch yellow at the very edge, but overall looks mostly dark green. How much longer do you all suspect this OG Kush Auto will go before I at least start taking the top buds?

Just one more thing... A guy that is a professional painter at work, who knows people in the vicinity that do professional growing told me that I should put it in total darkness for 48 hours and that will make it go into maturity so I can harvest it. I never heard of that, but maybe you all have? Thoughts on 48 hours of dark on a bud this far along?

Weclome to AFN! :D

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Just one more thing... A guy that is a professional painter at work, who knows people in the vicinity that do professional growing told me that I should put it in total darkness for 48 hours and that will make it go into maturity so I can harvest it. I never heard of that, but maybe you all have? Thoughts on 48 hours of dark on a bud this far along?

It could be a myth ... I can't remember seeing anyone come up with any actual proof - which I imagine could only be done with identical clones.
I'd be happy to see some.

I've seen some VERY respected growers do this, some say it increases the terpines (flavour/scent profile) which are produced during the dark period.

Your plant looks harvestable by the way - the hairs have gone orange and are receeding.
The trichs look cloudy to me!

Happy growing
All the best

Blue ^_^
:d5:

Thank you Blue ! ^_^ for the welcome! Thank you for the cue that I can take off some of the top buds. The ones on the bottom look like they could go just a bit longer. I used a Nikon camera with Sigma Zoom macro lens as well as a Tamron 18-270 mm lens to take pictures. Glad the crops and blow up were useful. Had to resize the photo down a bit as was several mb big.
BTW, is there a way to globally choose a type of font "Book Antiqua" and size 5 as default? It is difficult at time to see the words on my laptop screen, and this gives me a better view.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing Columbo. The buds in your pics look great. I can see lots of cloudy trichomes. A lot of people would be happy to harvest at this point. Some like to wait a few more days or a week if they want a more heavily sedative effect...
If you prefer to actually function upright for a time after using this cannabis, you could go ahead a harvest now :smoking:
And I would do what you've already hinted at, harvest the top now, wait a while for the lowers to fill out and develop a bit more before taking them.
As far as saving fonts/text size, I have never come across that option. Compared to some other forums that I read, this site is incredible, but it hasn't got that fancy yet!
:smokeit:

Regardless of when you will be harvesting, you have made some beautiful bud brother. Congrats and enjoy!

When I trim off the top buds, is there anything against just hanging them on a clothesline to dry during the day? Or is that too hot, too fast?

Some people will caution against drying in any bright light or sunlight believing that a loss of potency and flavors can occur. I believe this would happen because of the concerns you mentioned: hot and fast!
But, people have been drying cannabis in full sunlight on big rocks or roofs for millennia...
I do not have experience with your plans, but I’d think if you need to dry outside, try and set up in a shady, calm location.
Just for shits and giggles—Here’s a few shots of what I use to dry. I’ve cut a hole in the bottom side of the box that sucks air out via a 4” duct right into by grow tent. This keeps the smell way down... Air comes in the box through those small holes I drilled in the lid.
C901B02C-72FD-4120-88BB-1427990C919E.jpeg 604E4D00-1B74-4B09-88B6-9CB30F8D3916.jpeg

That looks really nice and well thought out. I opted to hang them in our spare bathroom, and have a very small fan in there just to move the air around just a bit.

Back