Grow Room Odor control micro tent

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have a mammoth micro tent (80×40×40cm), which I absolutely love for its extreme discretion and easy of use. I truly believe with the right growing skills it would be possible to yield at least 80 gs.

I am about to start a new soil grow with a single Mephisto Sour Stomper on a 8L smart pot, and I am afraid it may become stinky. Since I care about stealth, low noise is a must, so last time I used two pc fans (one for exhaust, one for air circulation and passive intake) and during late flower I just added a screen with carbon to the exhaust. It kinda worked, but the air flow reduced significantly.
I wonder if anyone has a better suggestion for odor control?

Another area where I would like some advice is on the medium/feeding. I am gonna use Biobizz light mix with 20% additional perlite, but I am unsure about the nutrients. I am starting a worm farm, and I was wondering if it is possible/optimal to grow with worm castings/tea only? I will be able to collect the leachate, is that a reliable nutrient source? Or should I just use Tangs easy schedule instead? Is there a great difference in flavour/potency in organic vs otherwise?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Happy growing.

Namaste

In case anyone struggling with the same problem sees this thread, I solved the odor issue with the following:

-removed top and bottom of a large chickpeas/beans can
-added a screen to bottom
-dumped a thin layer of activated carbon to the can
-placed on the exhaust outlet (part with screen and carbon facing down, open top)

this reduced the pc fan airflow by around 50%, but it still does the job. I tested placing a strong odor detergent near the exhaust and it filters the smell. Noise is non-perceptible at 3m.

Cheers

We did a DIY filter and used carbon for aquariums. We're in the 5th week now and she's beginning to smell. We switched to carbon pellets and it worked like a dream. We have a 4 inch duct fan and a dimmer. The fan is about half power and there is an innocuous hum to be heard. We don't have a fan to circulate air. I feel like the duct fan sucks new air into the grow box.

Happy growing

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have a mammoth micro tent (80×40×40cm), which I absolutely love for its extreme discretion and easy of use. I truly believe with the right growing skills it would be possible to yield at least 80 gs.

I am about to start a new soil grow with a single Mephisto Sour Stomper on a 8L smart pot, and I am afraid it may become stinky. Since I care about stealth, low noise is a must, so last time I used two pc fans (one for exhaust, one for air circulation and passive intake) and during late flower I just added a screen with carbon to the exhaust. It kinda worked, but the air flow reduced significantly.
I wonder if anyone has a better suggestion for odor control?

Another area where I would like some advice is on the medium/feeding. I am gonna use Biobizz light mix with 20% additional perlite, but I am unsure about the nutrients. I am starting a worm farm, and I was wondering if it is possible/optimal to grow with worm castings/tea only? I will be able to collect the leachate, is that a reliable nutrient source? Or should I just use Tangs easy schedule instead? Is there a great difference in flavour/potency in organic vs otherwise?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Happy growing.

Namaste

We don't have a fan to circulate air.
It's good to have air moving via clip on fan in addition to the inline fan that just sucks in air. Clip on fans can help leaves transpire and aids in building stronger stems. There are other problems that can arise from not having clip on fan ventilation.

If you have a small grow space you can get by with just an extraction fan, there will be air movement when new air enters the tent. Also, clip-on fans are really unreliable and some of the cheaper ones have even caught on fire.

Back