Not showing sex?

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but this lady (or at least I think it is a lady) is now 43 days old and came from an unknown bean.
Was topped and had some stretch after, so did some LST.
Unlike all my other plants I can't really tell her sex?
I would guess it's a she because I don't see any nanners, but no white pistils either. Altho there is something there...
maybe it's too soon? I was also doubting the fact that it may not be an auto, but the internode spacing on top growth is getting smaller again. Or does that mean nothing?

(bottom right one in the tent)

IMG_6329.jpeg
IMG_6335.jpeg IMG_6339.jpeg

Photos will show sex eventually without a light change. I say give it 2 weeks... I'd be more concerned with what looks like spider mite webs with all those flowering plants in there :shrug:

My photos all had preflowers about 5 weeks in. Im pretty sure it happens on all photos after about a month. Otherwise switch the light cycle to 12/12 and youll know in about a week or so.
20221215_112745.jpg

This one was one of the first to form, its dated December 3rd and I started November 6. Preflower hairs are pretty small so you really gotta look. After a week or so of being there will they grow to a noticeable size, at least thats how its been for me.

Thnx for confirming my fear..
Guess I will be pulling it then. I don't wanna risk the other switching the lights to 12/12 tbh
Just drop your lights down to increase the intensity while you check. Im doing it right now. My auto is uneffected. Maybe budding a lil slower but as long as you get 40dli you're ok. And your photo will like it even more.

Been on 12/12 just shy of 3 weeks and my auto is still chugging along like a champ. Shes actually only gettong about 30 dli. Ppfd is about 675 and shes only getting 12 hours of light because of the 3 photos. Maybe everything wont be as big as it would if I were giving it 40 to 50dli but the photos will make up the difference in lost bud and the auto will keep me supplied till the photos finish.

Attachments

• 20221231_055923.jpg
    20221231_055923.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back