Outdoor northern lights back outdoor grow help

J

jacobjay898

this will be my first grow. i ordered some seeds from the attitude. im planing on germinating tomorrow. i just had a few questions,

sense im growing outdoors would it be better for to plant directly in ground or should i put them in pots? from what ive heard it is more ideal cause the plant will be larger/and hopefully yield more.

also i was gonna ask for some opinions on which is the best organic soil.

any help is appreciated! :bong:

Welcome to AFN JacobJay898. I believe you will find a lot more help if you post in the new growers section. I cant answer your question about planting directly in the soil, but i do know that a lot of people, including myself, start indoors and then move outdoors in containers. Check out MrNiceSmoke's outdoor thread, he may have started his outdoors. As for the soil, some good ones to look into would be Just Right Xtra, Roots Organic and a lot of people use Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Pro-Mix. Just remember that organic mediums like Just Right, Ocean Forest etc. are considered too "hot" for seedlings. I suggest that you read as much as you can on this forum especially the articles and threads by experienced growers, before dropping the seeds. It will save you a lot of trouble! Good luck and happy growing! :peace:

thanks man! this is my 1st post aha, ive been doing my research for a few months , nows the best time of the year for outdoor. stealth is kinda a issue, otherwise i would probably grow inside, or do like you said and start them inside. im close to humbolt county and every one tells me to use fox farm, maybe the heat of that soil would help considering im right on the coast.

looks like i have a few more things to read up on and ill prolly start tomorrow?? hopefully, Thanks brotha! :smokebuds:

this will be my first grow. i ordered some seeds from the attitude. im planing on germinating tomorrow. i just had a few questions,

sense im growing outdoors would it be better for to plant directly in ground or should i put them in pots? from what ive heard it is more ideal cause the plant will be larger/and hopefully yield more.

also i was gonna ask for some opinions on which is the best organic soil.

any help is appreciated! :bong:

Hey welcome :D Just a question if you dont mind.. where are you growing it? like what the outdoor temp?

Just remember that organic mediums like Just Right, Ocean Forest etc. are considered too "hot" for seedlings.

When i say "hot" i mean that they have too many nutrients in them for seedlings. They can burn your young plants. Autos are a lot different than photo plants (meaning plants that only flower with 12 hours of darkness). With autos you dont have a long veg time for your plants to recover if you burn them with too many nutes. Have a look around and check out some grows on here. You will pick up a feel for the basics. There are some threads i will link to in an edit soon.

Welcome to AFN JacobJay898. I believe you will find a lot more help if you post in the new growers section.

There are a lot more experienced auto growers on here that would be happy to help you if you post there. you can still call it an outdoor grow in your title. there is a ton of good info over there too.

Check out MrNiceSmoke's outdoor thread, he may have started his outdoors.

Heres a link to his grow- https://www.autoflower.org/f6/mrnicesmokes-outdoor-test-grows-homethread-8754.html

thanks for all the replies! much appriciated ill def put this in the begginer section.

i have a spot in the woods on the side of a west facing moutain. i found a spot with plenty sun light and the temperature ranges from high 50s to 80 degrees. should i be worried about the cool nights? (50 degrees).

aha i guess that would make since. with the fox farm being to hot. :peace:

i did some research and ive heard good this about dr earth and add some per lite . now i just need to figure out all of the nutes to buy. if any one could list out some nutes im gonna need thatd be chill!
ive got my seeds and my 5 gallon buckets. tomorrow i plan on getting dr earth soil, a ph reader. and the nutes if i can get them figured out. could any one think of other things id need?

Back