Live Stoners New to the forum and growing

Reaction score
Hello there! So I've been snooping around for a few days doing some research. Currently in my first grow of some random bag seeds. Down to 6 plants going into week 7 of flower. Was a trial and error run. Kinda started learning and buying supplies as I went. Yes I know the wrong way but hey it got me here so no harm no foul. I'll throw in a pic of one of my nice looking buds so far(and also a pic of a friend I made). Doesnt look to bad for the stress I've put these little babies through and they've been put through some shit haha. These guys have been lollipopped some have been topped, some twice. Some fimmed. But all just grown straight up. No lst. Didnt learn much about training until it was too late.

For my next grow I've decided to go the auto route. Going to be brewing my own no till organic soil in the next week or so. And will be using 3 gallon fabric pots I think to grow in and going with mephisto beans. Time for quality medication and no fuckery this time.

Besides the fact I'm a new grower in general anyone have any tips or things for me to focus on my research or how to prepare for autos in general?

Glad I found this forum. Have been on another one and it's been kind of stressful finding help there. Even the search function always led to unanswered threads a lot of the time lol. I've been pleased with what I've found here so far! Glad to be here!
Screenshot_20190226-213402_Keepsafe.jpg
Screenshot_20190226-213415_Keepsafe.jpg

Hi @CALEB even with what you say as stress the pics you've got posted look good for what you've done. As preparing for autos what are you going to start them off with a soil mix or coco for your setup. For nutes start off slow 1/4 strength and work up. I've really not gone above half recommended doses on my grows.

I wont be using nutes since I will be using an all organic soil. The soil will provide all nutrients for the plant. That's my reasoning for it. From the research I've done the no till organic soils relieve a lot of the hassle of having to worry about feeding nutes and it levels ph (which luckily I have not had a problem with this grow) so my goal is to be a easy of a grow as possible

But I'm telling you everything people said "if you do this your plants will die" has happened beyond my control and yet my plants are here lol. I honestly think some people on the forum I was on over complicate what this is. A weed. But these plants (9) started in planters of miracle grow in my yard for a few weeks. Then in gallon planters on miracle grow in a shed under fluorescents(just a shitty set). Then 2 sets of t5s after a month or so. The shed temperature and humidity was uncontrolled. Temps have ranged from 35 to 90 and humidity up to 90%. They were in miracle grow for the first 2 months until I put them all in fox farms no nutes until I put them in flowering at 3 months old. Lollipopped them at about 2ish months. Probably 65% vegetation gone at least. 75%+ of fan leaves cut. And they fucking went nuts. Read everywhere said dont do that much. Everywhere I've read said they should be dead lol. But hey climate is under control now when it really matter so I've got my fingers crossed haha.

:welcome: Hi @CALEB and welcome to AFN! :welcome:

The best tip I can give is ... if growing in soil, make sure you give your girls a good dry period. Most new growers tend to over water in soil! :headbang:

I was definitely super paranoid when I first started. It was one of my biggest concerns lol. But I've got it all figured out pretty well at this point. Luckily never had an over watering issue.

Hey @CALEB welcome to AFN...
:welcome:
This is the place to be if you are growing. Lots if folks here that will help you!

Welcome to the most friendly site on the net! Remember the only dumb question around here is the one you didn't ask! Good luck with your grows bud:smoking:

Back