Live Stoners New LED grower

Reaction score
First of all, would like to say what a helpful community we have here. Just about to pop my first lot of seeds this week, but this is by no means the start of me following some of (me spending hours reading through) very informative topics. Iv learnt some great ideas. Now it’s time to start my grow decided it time to become a member of this great site. (Rather than finding forums relating to specific questions from google links).
I trust I’m going to find it even more helpful in the time to come.

I’m not a complete novice in growing plants I grew chillis and still do in the spring. But first time growing some smoke.

Iv built a dedicated grow room that measures 1.7m long 1.2 meters deep and 2.2 high. Made out of 4x2’s OSB ply loads of 75mm kingspan insulation on floor,walls ceiling (outside side and coupious ammounts of expandable foam. (Iv been saving left over building materials from work for a while) didn’t cost me a penny.
Iv spent about £800 on stuff that matters.
Gone Down LED route and after hours of research. I opted for the GN Telos 0010 (didn’t want to get raped on my electric.)
Spent a pretty penny on lining my room with orca grow film. (Can’t vouch for how it helps plants yet, but I shut myself in my room with a camping chair after the build having a well earned smoke with lights on. No lie, there was not a shadow to speak of. From me or the chair) I’m excited to see what it can do with the telos.

I rigged up a 5inch exhaust fan and carbon filter, also 2 air circulating fans.

My method I’m growing with is the wick watering in coco. one that served me incredibly well with my chillis I grew some monsters. Only difference is rather than a large nutrient tank and numerous plants on top. Iv gone for smaller tanks of only about 8L (I know ph can fluctuate wildly in smaller tanks, but with so little water I can monitor it and or change it every 4/5 days). The plants themselves in 11L pots. The other reason I’m using wick is I’m busy man with a family, so I need to let it do it’s thing to a certain extent. ( I plan on upgrading to nft (home made with drain pipes) when iv got a bit of confidence growing.

I don’t plan to piss about to much with nutrients, using canna a+b and some rhizotonic and possible bloom booster later. Using less then recommend dosage on all nutes. I also understand the importance of flushing before harvest. Last thing I want is jars of crap tasting weed.

The strains i have going in are some Pineapple Express auto,
Critical auto, northern lights auto, auto tangle and, blueberry mango. Not doing all at once I may do 6 at a time (variety) and see how I go from there. I chose autos as I like the idea of quicker crops and easier to manage plants. I have room for photoperiod but maybe in the future. Some of the autos iv seen on here are incredible and fell right in love.

That was a long post but thought I’d introduce myself and my grow. I’m going to do a grow diary (with pictures) from go.

I have a pretty good idea to what I’m supposed to be doing......but I am a novice to this so any help or important points iv missed out I’d gladly take on board. I’m looking forward to my first grow and sharing my progress with anyone who wants to follow and perhaps help guide me.

Ps the photos are halfway through my build I’ll get a clearer shot when iv done finishing touches. I’m a messy worker

Glass eyed Giant

Attachments

• 754FDEA3-1006-4E13-8EF3-DA278458C959.jpeg
    754FDEA3-1006-4E13-8EF3-DA278458C959.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 58
  • AB327B1A-B7FC-44D0-8E87-95AEC63486D0.jpeg
    AB327B1A-B7FC-44D0-8E87-95AEC63486D0.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 58
  • 1CD112BB-CCC4-4788-8F09-2B12DC061F09.jpeg
    1CD112BB-CCC4-4788-8F09-2B12DC061F09.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I also understand the importance of flushing before harvest.
This is a topic that will net you both for and against flushing. Same with leaving plants in dark before harvest. I've tried both and didn't see or taste a difference, so I don't do either. You'll figure out what is right for your grow. Lots of luck for a bumper harvest.

:welcome: Hi @GLASSeyedGIANT and welcome to AFN! :welcome:

You have a well thought out plan and I'm sure you will soon be growing monsters! :growing:

:slap:. Also, have a shot of rep for a great intro! :headbang:

Welcome to AFN nice intro, nice build. I'm in UK too so need advice on UK stuff, there are quite a few of us here, that can help.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

Hi and welcome :pass:nice gear and set up :thumbsup: jump in head girst,keep it simple and see what happens
Good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Nice one fellas:bighug:

The only concern I have in the uk is my neighbour we have a joined garage. Where I built my room. I won’t know how my set up deals with the smell for a few weeks....noise too I swear you can hear a fart through the wall. Once I get one out the way I can relax a little. [HASHTAG]#firstgrowparanoias[/HASHTAG] lol I know something that can help with the worry though :baked:.

:coco:Good evening all just got into bed after getting my seeds in the pot gonna start a grow diary on another forum on here. Not sure how to tag anyone who may be interested in following/helping me along. :worship:

:coco:Good evening all just got into bed after getting my seeds in the pot gonna start a grow diary on another forum on here. Not sure how to tag anyone who may be interested in following/helping me along. :worship:
hi pal fellow uk grower you can tag people like this @st.tom also i know the worry with the neighbors just try do you gardening late on or when there out when in flower you could always buy some ona gel to open the top in the room or garage but dont put it near the plants themselves as it can fuck with the smell of the flowers i put it out when i have company come around

Back