New grower with some questions

Reaction score
Hello! This year I've decided to try and grow a couple of plants outside.I find lots of different information on the Internet, but I think that here I can get the most accurate one.
So, I own a couple of autoseeds and a couple of regular seeds (Lemon Skunk ; Somango ; Auto Super Skunk ; Auto Big Devil ; Auto Og Kush). I also have some 25L fabric pots.I'm planning to grow them in a place that is kind of far away from me. When I'm growing them outside is it good to keep them in the pots, or that is only good for the autoflowers?

Growing them in pots means that I'm going to need soil.I came across BioBizz and their ALL-MIX soil.Is it worth it? I can't let them sprout at home. Is it possible to plant them directly in the pot/ground after I've used the paper towel method? Do I have to soak the soil in advance before putting in the seed and how much to water it before it grows above the ground? Is it a good idea to put something like a cage or a lid after the seed pops up?

I've read that the young plant is in danger from rats and snails and even after it gets older. I'm also worried about the pests and bugs during the growing. Every advice about removing them would be useful ! The autoflowers will be at an open and sunny spot with direct sunlight at about 5/6 from the daylight.Do I have to put something to make shadow while they are little? The photoperiod flowers will be at a shadowy place with about 1/2 direct sunlight. Will this harm their growth and if so should I change the place?

I also have a question about the water's pH level. If I use the BioBizz All-Mix, whose soil pH level is 6,6 , do I have to use water with the same level? I don't know the level of our tap water, but I think it's between 7 and 8. I have ordered a test to measure it. I suppose that the photoperiod ones will need food. When do I have to start feeding them and what are the main ingredients I have to use? And again will the pH level be different for when it eats and for when I water it? Do the autoflowers need to be fed and what are the methods?

In my region it has been a rather rainy week with hailstorms. The weather forecast seems to be like that too at the end of May. I'm worried that until then the plants won't be big enough to survive even heavy rain. Do I have to build something like a shelter or a hail net will do the trick?

I guess that I have more questions about my little adventure, but I can see that my text has become quite long. There is a lot of information around this forum and I apologize if there are answers to some of my questions already. I'll be grateful if you can also send me links to the themes in the forum with the answers. Every piece of informaton will be useful!

Have a nice smoke!

Back