Indoor New Grower Going Through Growing Pains

Reaction score
Problem: Yellow Spots on Leaves and slow Growth

Medium/grow method: Organic Soil

Feed: and supplements used: Cal/Mag , Organic Nitrogen, EM1 Micro

water source: R/O

Strain/age: Zkittlez Auto / Entering Week 5

light used: 2x True Northern Lighting 238 panels (476 true wall watts full spectrum led quantum boards)

Light Cycle: 24 hours; lights are about 3 ft above

Climate: 21 C / 40% Humidity

Additional info: 4x4 Grow tent, 4 inch inline fan and filter

Hello to all the great growers!
This is my first grow and was hoping I could lean on the community for some help / questions. I am growing 2 Auto Skittlez and 2 Auto Gorilla Glue [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]. The skittlez seem to have me baffled. I was wondering if they look stunted for entering 5th week? Also most importantly, I have little yellow dots on some fan leaves. It started at the bottom and started working its way up. Also the leaves are a falling down a little.

I have been mixing 4L R/O water with 3ml CalMag, EM1 (Micro) and started adding Natures Nectar Organic Nitrogen within the last week. These yellow spots have been around since week 3. My Gorilla Glue #4's don't seem to be affected as both strains receive the same feeding.

I use a Blue Labs PH Pen and avg ph is 6.1 - 6.4 after all feed added.
Last 2 waters I just been using R/O only at 6.4ph/

I keep researching the pictures and charts of deffiences but have yet to narrow in on it.

I don't know if these are on track height wise (stunted?). Just a new grower going through growing pains!

The plants on the left are the Skittlez (affected ones) and on the right are the GG #4's (doing great)

Attachments

• plant 2.jpg
    plant 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 63
  • plant 3.jpg
    plant 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 64
  • plant1.jpg
    plant1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 60
Keep feeding veg nutes every other watering and raise the cal/mag dose to 5ml per gal and use it at every watering.Try going to 18/6 lights on to give her some rest time and see if that helps.

Keep feeding veg nutes every other watering and raise the cal/mag dose to 5ml per gal and use it at every watering.Try going to 18/6 lights on to give her some rest time and see if that helps.

Thanks namvet25! I really appreciate your response and time to read the post. I will try those directions. Thanks again.

All the new growth looks good, just looks like those bottom leaves which will never recover so looks like your on top of it to me.

Light Cycle: 24 hours; lights are about 3 ft above

Climate: 21 C / 40% Humidity

Additional info: 4x4 Grow tent, 4 inch inline fan and filter

your grow temperature is low for a tropical plant, you need to be at 26 to 28c............... to keep your root temp at 22c to 23c................ your relative humidity at 21c must be above 40%................ raising the temp will lower the high RH, which is at the moment choking off the plants respiration potential......

raising the temperature with a 1kw floor positioned fan heater, will keep the lights out temp up also, if you put it on a timer the opposite of 18/6 so on during the 6hr lights out...
upload_2019-4-3_15-53-58.jpeg

drop your photo period to 18/6 from 24/0.................. allow the plant to reload sugars............ and get the co2 out of the plant......... your 2no true led lights may struggle to heat the tent........... you may need the fan heater on an inkbird stat control cheap enough but priceless bit of kit......to keep the tent temp up lights on as well as light off right......

once you have your 4 x 4 cab at 26c................. which your 100mm extract fan 180m3/hr ??............ should cope with, your root temp will come up................... you have very cold soil at the mo, which can drag down Ph........... when that happens, the phos is the first nute to drop out of availability to the plant
upload_2019-4-3_15-57-5.gif

to check your soil Ph............... feed half power nute, warmed to 23c............ get 150-200ml of run off and Ph it to check it's within the 6.5 range as chart..............

the yellow leaf you posted, yellow 'At The Veins" and not along the veins, shows "Phos" deff.......... due to low Ph, due to to wet, and cold a grow medium...........

you say you use "RO".......................Qs; is it a new "Membrane" ??????? if not it could be toxic due to overload,......................toxic RO membranes give of "NO2" "Nitrite" is toxic to plants at very low levels...........

if your RO water "Ec Pen" reading is 0.05 or less, your ok............ when you use RO water (100% Salt Free Water)........ for growing, you must add a buffering alkaline salt back into the RO water to deliver PH stability in made up nutrient complexes.........

In other words add "Calcium carbonate" to 250ppm or Ec0.3............... this is an RO alkaline buffer salt........... so when you add very acidic nutrients to the RO, the alkaline salts balance out the acid nute input to give an even Ph.................. around 6.5 for feeding water warmed to 22-23c when fed..................... i hope your source of "Organic Nitrogen" is not some sort of farm slurry ??........... what is the source of the "Organic Nitro" bassguy mate ??....................... sounds very acidic,...................have you got an Ec pen to measure salts as well as Ph pen for acidity and alkalinity measuring...... ??

Qs; are the Zkittle Auto's Dutch Passion seeds ??............... as they have just brought out an auto lemon zkittle.................... hope the imfo is of help bassguy...................i'll drop back in, in a while mate if that ok........... ALR

Addendum;

4no dames in a 4 x 4ft tent 1.8m overall height is going to be a full tent............. 3 plant even 2 will yeild the same amount.................... more is less,.........................less is more in small grow tents................... you will need to Top, LST and supercrop the plants to keep em to a sensible height with 1.8m headroom bassguy ok........... read up on topping out a plant after 4th internode, LST work and supercropping............ ALR

Back