New Grower AUTO Indoors! Help PLEASE!

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my second attempt at growing and my first one was horrible, so I'm trying not to reck this one too completely as I am already noticing what I believe to be some deficiencies and that they are not growing to great in my not expert at all opinion. What I mean by this is I need to get as much weed possible with the highest THC possible and if the terpenes are there then even better!!! Although I believe to have learned something I am still not happy with how things are going and how I can't figure things out on my own after hours and I mean hours and hours of YouTube videos. That is why I am giving up and hoping you masters of the internet can give me a hand. I will post all the info and pics I can and please let me know if I missed anything. Thank you so much for all the help in advance as I do not have a lot of money at this time to keep investing in this without any results to show for. (My first grow was complete JUNK!)

First I want to say that since my first grow I have tested things like PH, temperature and humidity and had professional cannabis soil with perlite, microbes, nutrients and sugars which is why I had expected at least smokeable weed which was not the case as TCH and terpenes were non-existent. This second time around I have gone a step further and I am testing EC and also have purchased an air conditioner unit for my plants (first-time heat was def an issue) only (yeah they live better than me lol XD) which is why I do not understand why they don't take off!!!)

So I am growing in a 1.2x1.2m (4x4 feet) tent with a 250w led (dimmable) and 100w led (non-dimmable), with fans and air circulation. The reason for this is that when I purchased the tent it came in a discount pack with the 250w led but the results were so shitty I bought the extra 100w spider farmer LED as a hail mary for this second run which I have to say has done a little better. So not to bore you I am running 6 autos in 15L cloth pots just like my first run on a light cycle of 20/4. I am using mostly nutrients from a Spanish brand called BOOM nutrients which has good reviews, ill leave some pics below and I follow the chart on about 1/2 and then 3/4 as they are autos and not photos but they are now on week 7 and showing deficiencies already so I have just gone to a full dose today and as you can imagine im stressing. I started the first weeks watering with a ph of about 5.7/5.8 and I have gone now to about 6/6.1. For veg I tried to keep my humidity high on the 80% and now on week 7 I have bought a dehumidifier and its at 55% wich it the lowest I can take it down. Also the AC I bought is not the most powerfull and its very hot were im at so the temp I have been able to reach is 29C. I have also used several microbes that seemed to work wonders at the beginning (will leave photos of everything below.)

The 6 strains I am growing this second time around are all from FastBuds:

2x Gorilla Cookies Auto
2x Sour Jealousy Auto
1xStrawberry Gorilla Auto
1XLemon Cherry Cookies Auto

Medium:All Mix Boom Nutrients + Perlite + Humus Worm Delight Atami

Nutrients Plan Used (Master)-Except Growth and Flower because I use their AUTO which they say replaces both
All of the below (alternating with 1-time watering only and not using all fertilizers at the same time)
New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 4

Calmag+Silic
New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 2

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 3

Microbes(alternating as instructed): Great White Premium Mycorrhizae + Kraken + Pandora +Quimera

I will leave photos of my plants now in week 7 and setup below. THANKS AGAIN!!! for any help you can offer for both how I can improve this grow and any future grow! It's TRULY appreciated!!!

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 5

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 6

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 7

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 8

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 9

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 10

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 11

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 12

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 13

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 14

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 15

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 16

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 17

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 18

New grower please help 2nd indoor attempt 19

Welcome to AFN :welcome::pass:

What are you growing these in media wise soil, coco ? They look hungry maybe you are just behind feeding them are you checking EC/ppm? Curious when your adding the silica? It is best to add silica first and let your water sit for 45min before adding any base nutes

Upvote 0
Welcome to AFN :welcome::pass:

What are you growing these in media wise soil, coco ? They look hungry maybe you are just behind feeding them are you checking EC/ppm? Curious when your adding the silica? It is best to add silica first and let your water sit for 45min before adding any base nutes
Hey! Thank you so much for your reply! So for my medium im using this exactly...
1725313991612.png
1725314014645.png

Its composition based on a mixture of peat, worm humus, bat guano, perlite, magnesium, sulfur, humic and fulvic acids.

The 1st and only time I have added the Silica was last week as I have been very carefull this time around since my 1st time growing I completely burned my autos and ruined my grow so ive tried not to repeat the same mistakes this time. Should I be adding more Silica?? I had understood it was only once per grow, ideally when it was starting to enter flowering?? When I added the Silica I just added it with water and not with any other nutes... Thanks again for any help and advice you can offer!

My ppm is at around 600-700 with a lighting schedule of 20/4 and my EC today was around 1200.

Upvote 0
Hey! Thank you so much for your reply! So for my medium im using this exactly...
View attachment 1704590 View attachment 1704591

Its composition based on a mixture of peat, worm humus, bat guano, perlite, magnesium, sulfur, humic and fulvic acids make this substrate the best option for growing cannabis, and can be used in all types of crops, both indoors and outdoors.

The 1st and only time I have added the Silica was last week as I have been very carefull this time around since my 1st time growing I completely burned my autos and ruined my grow so ive tried not to repeat the same mistakes this time. Should I be adding more Silica?? I had understood it was only once per grow, ideally when it was starting to enter flowering?? When I added the Silica I just added it with water and not with any other nutes... Thanks again for any help and advice you can offer!

My ppm is at around 600-700 with a lighting schedule of 20/4 and my EC today was around 1200.

Nah I wouldn't add more I only use weekly as most just make sure you do like you said add it first then wait then add the rest of your nutes.

600-700ppm is about right for auto's I stay right around 700 during late flower start hitting 800 and I see tip burn

Upvote 0
I agree with Dab - they look nitrogen-starved and light-hungry for now.

This is a hybrid soil / salt-based grow, which means that you'll have the humus/bacteria adding some nutrients to the soil over time, but won't know exactly how much vs. what you're adding in fertilizer. That means it can be tricky to diagnose / fix one problem without a second popping up.

In general, your lights are a bit underpowered - 350/16 = 21.9 watts/sq ft. Typical rule of thumb is 30-40 watts/sq ft. You can increase to 24/0 to try to compensate. But, that may be a secondary issue. First issue looks to be low nitrogen, but you may also then create a K:Ca issue after trying to fix it (so just be aware for now).

Boom's website says their AUTO product is intended for autoflowers - so, I'd probably use that at full strength. And, you may want to add an extra dose at your next water only feed to make up for using less.

For comparison, I grow in peat alone with no humus and feed each time (i.e., without alternating feed/water only). Their AUTO product (3.5-5.3-3.5 NPK @ 2.5 mL/L) is about half the nitrogen I'd normally be adding each time. In your case, you'll have some nitrogen from the humus, and their Roots product looks like it has some nitrogen too. But, overall, you may just have been on the low side if you were using 1/2-3/4 strength and alternating feeding/watering.

Upvote 0
Back