New grow help!

Reaction score
I'm starting a new grow. This time I'm gonna run gelato autos in happy frog soil. My question is when should I add nutes? I have the fox farms trio and dr earth dry nutes. I'm not sure which one to use, help!

Pot size dictates how long the nutes in the soil will last. Generally 30 days in a 5 gallon pot. If you use the dry nutes, you will want to feed 1/4 cup at around day 20-21, so they have time to breakdown.
Do a search for Dr earth cannabis feed schedule.

Pot size dictates how long the nutes in the soil will last. Generally 30 days in a 5 gallon pot. If you use the dry nutes, you will want to feed 1/4 cup at around day 20-21, so they have time to breakdown.
Do a search for Dr earth cannabis feed schedule.
I'm gonna use 3 gallon fabric pots. Which would you recommend? The fox farms trio or the dr earth.

Imo this will be dependent on your situation.
If you have time and maybe more importantly the equipment to measure out feeds and watering ph/ec in check and on sched then synthetic (salts) will probably be your jam.

for me and my setup for example, i use a mix/blend of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and some organic amendments some worm castings and meals and my tap water. I water and train first thing in the morning. Thys system works for me and my environment and tools/access.

end of the day you have to choose which based on your factors and space/resources. Do your research and picking the best option will reveal itself as it did for me.

i lean to the Dr Earth based on my organic amended grow style (also in fabrics)

good luck, thankfully there is no wrong answer!

FF soils are hit or miss. At one time it was excellent, but recently it been lots of big chunks of wood and sticks. Also yellowing issues with plants as they enter bloom. Its like it needs to sit a couple of years and break down more.

I've had much better results with Roots Organic Lush. You need little to no nutes with this, and its possible to grow water only.

Imo this will be dependent on your situation.
If you have time and maybe more importantly the equipment to measure out feeds and watering ph/ec in check and on sched then synthetic (salts) will probably be your jam.

for me and my setup for example, i use a mix/blend of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and some organic amendments some worm castings and meals and my tap water. I water and train first thing in the morning. Thys system works for me and my environment and tools/access.

end of the day you have to choose which based on your factors and space/resources. Do your research and picking the best option will reveal itself as it did for me.

i lean to the Dr Earth based on my organic amended grow style (also in fabrics)

good luck, thankfully there is no wrong answer!
Thx for the help. Should I use any dr earth veg fertilizer or go straight to the flower fertilizer?

I'm gonna use 3 gallon fabric pots. Which would you recommend? The fox farms trio or the dr earth.
I'm an organic guy, so I'm naturally going to push the Dr Earth. If I was doing 3 gal pots, I would think the soil nutes would runout around day 20ish, so I'd drop a 1/4 cup of the veg nutes around day 12-14. Maybe two veg nute feedings two weeks apart, then the Flowergirl Bloom nutes every two weeks after that. I do like to toss a layer of worm castings on top when I feed. Or leftover soil works too. I do this because scratching the nutes into the soil is easier said then done, once those roots dominate your pot, its easier to just add another layer of soil or castings to cover up the nutes.
Good luck and happy growing with whatever you decide.

Thx for the help. Should I use any dr earth veg fertilizer or go straight to the flower fertilizer?
I cant say for sure because ‘it depends’. And the heart of my previous post was it depends a lot on your grow limits and space environment control etc.. But since you asked ill say,

I would do ALL of them.
the FFOF should have some charge in it, hopefully not too much to fry the seedling, but Id say about a good month from sprout to decent veg…Where i would top dress that Veg fert (and again with me i do my worm castings with it ) and expect that dress to ‘be effective’ in the next 5-9 days.. then when ready to flip hit them with another top of that flower fert and (5-9ish day ‘release’) ride into the sunset on them canna giriles…

plan out your process, by weeks BEFORE you grow. This way you kinda have a road map to expect. And id u hit bumps its like u have a way back to the track you were on. Know about your medium, i can speak on FFOF N HF cause i use them and they work perfectly in MY settings/location. I dont know about salts or coco or hydro etc… I do organic cause its a front loaded work system. Its similar to cooking where i add some of the Colonel’s select herbs n spices n mix it all together and ‘charge’ the battery so to speak. Then i just water with my dechlorinated (24hr-48hr +) tap. If i see any deficiency ill take action based on the signs.

I will also advise you really watch them closely, with out ‘messing’ with them. My tent has a window, so i get my burlesque on and peeping tom on em throught the day n get some sniffs too: i loves me my aroma therapy too! know wat I mean? Treat it like the stripper joint…whoops, Exotic dancer establishment! and keep your hands off the girl’s and just enjoy the sights and scents…(and maybe some boobie glitter on jou face, wait, what ? Huh. It was :smoker1:..)

get your ship in the right direction and it will help you navigate toward the harvest.

oh and take some notes. History is helpful for your future self To look back on.

good luck and keep asking questions boss.

Back