Dutch Passion NEW CRAZY LED SolarSystem 550

IndicaIVoz

Deep Water Toker
Reaction score
01-SS550-crazy-leds.jpg

The amazing value, USA-built, Solar System 550 (‘SS550’) LED grow light has a 400W power draw and is a direct replacement for a 600W HPS light.

The SS550 uses top quality Osram SSL LEDs, proven design and in-house manufacturing from California Lightworks who have been making LED grow lights for several years for USA commercial growers of herbs, fruit and veg.

The SS550 comes with a no-quibble 3-year guarantee. The LEDs will provide many years of use and come with tough custom-built drivers and a metal-core printed circuit board for maximum reliability. The ultra-reliable silent cooling fans provide additional cooling for the generously sized aluminium heat sink which keeps the LED board at a low temperature and maximises the output and efficiency of the high quality Osram LEDs.

California Lightworks have used this proven and highly reliable commercial growlight design for several years, with all manufacturing taking place in their California Headquarters.

• 400W power draw, replaces a 600W HPS but with less heat production and lower running/energy costs
  • Adjustable power from 0-100%. The SS550 is the only light you need for germination, seedlings and mature plants. There is no need for separate fluorescent lighting for seedlings and metal halide lights for vegetive growth. The SS550 performs all the necessary functions in your grow room. You can save money on energy costs by steadily increasing LED power levels as your plants grow, starting with low energy and increasing to 100% power in full bloom.
  • Adjustable spectrum. Independent control of the red, white and blue LEDs allow you to find the perfect growing spectrum for your favourite varieties. If your Sativa is stretching too much you can reduce the red spectrum and increase the blue to reduce internodal distance. If your indica is to short you can reduce blue light and increase red spectrum to increase internode distance and build a bigger plant structure. And you can turn off both blue and red light to view your plants in the special ‘White Light’ plant inspection mode. The SS550 brings professional levels of controllability into the hands of the home grower.
  • Proven Design. Several years of grow light manufacture has resulted in a highly reliable and fully proven LED grow light with superior quality components and a design you can trust. California Lightworks have supplied USA commercial growers with LED grow lights for several years - the technology and designs are tried and tested.
  • Sunrise/sunset option. Some cultivators believe that plants can’t adjust instantly to full light intensity, it causes stress and the plants may need up to half an hour to wake from sleep and start to photosynthesise at full speed. The SS550 allows you the option to steadily increase/decrease light power at the start/end of the day to replicate the more natural light transitions of the sun.
  • 3-year guarantee.

The programmable hand controller is what really sets the SS550 apart from the competition. It allows you full digital control over your grow room, and takes you away from the primitive non-adjustability of old HPS lights.

Without the controller the SS550 will still work well, but it automatically sets the red, blue and white LEDs to 100%. If you buy a controller it allows you to control dozens of the SS550 lights which can be daisy chained together with cables. This means you can control a complete grow room with just one hand-held controller.

• Independently adjust the red LEDs from 0-100% power
  • Independently adjust the blue LEDs from 0-100% power
  • Independently adjust the white LEDs from 0-100% power
  • Creation of customised gradual sunrise/sunset modes.
  • Creation of entire grow schedules with different daily/weekly spectrum/power settings. The controller has enough memory for several months worth of unique user light settings to be pre-programmed. Its easy to reprogram or even download and use settings from other growers.

Read more ▼
We understand that many home growers like to link several grow lights together, and with the SS550 that is easy to do. Each light has its own power cable. If you are controlling all your SS550 lights from a single controller then the controller needs to be plugged into one of the SS550 lights. The remaining SS550 lights are all daisy chained to the first SS550 with standard ‘telephone-style’ connection cables. Using this system you can control a grow room full of SS550 lights.

Read more ▼

Looks awesome. I take it these units are being sold by Dutch Passion?

As I understand crazy led are an affiliate of theirs?

I was expecting them to be selling the GN new units, but I guess the waiting game wasn't in their interests either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice light but if it's built by California Lights it's probably way over priced.

I agree with @namvet25 that it might be overprized. Still I am really interested of this one because of the the ability to control the overall power draw! For the awesome versatility of this one, I might be interested of paying some extra. All depends on the price. 400w of LED is a lot of power, after I've used to most of 250w or something.

Looks awesome. I take it these units are being sold by Dutch Passion?

As I understand crazy led are an affiliate of theirs?
"Crazy Leds and more" are a sister company of Dutch Passion. ;)

It's still early days, but the expected pricing from Crazy LED's will be €849 according to the website. For a USA-built quality product with a 400W power draw it looks like great value.

http://www.crazy-leds.com/en/shop/product/solar-system-550-led-grow-light/

And there may be a special launch bonus to look out for ;-) Watch out for updates in the coming week or two. We can't say too much more until then, even though there will be plenty of questions. But this is a seriously impressive growlight, built on a solid, proven design and a great price for the quality that goes into the unit. Some of the Osram LEDs are over 50% efficient (converting over half the electricity into light). And the ability to adjust both power and spectrum is another bonus. The white-light viewing mode is another feature that both HPS and LED growers will never want to sacrifice once they have seen it. It does raise the bar.

And regarding GrowNorthern, we really couldn't think more highly of the team and the design quality they bring. The team are solid, reliable and trustworthy. The designs are based on quality components rather than cost-cutting. So, yes, Crazy LEDs do indeed hope to work with Grow Northern in the future.

Back