DIY Need opinions on DIY cob light

Reaction score
Little bit of back story, I am growing in a 4x4x7ft tent under a BESTVA 2000w(390w) grow light as of right now. I am in the finishing stages of the 3 autos i have in there right now and have been building a recirculating deep water culture system for my next grow in it. I found a good deal on 18
Bridgelux BXRE-40E2000-C-23 V-13 Array Series cob led's. My rdwc system uses four 5 gallon bucks all connected with 1 1/2 pvc for the reservoir and 1/2 inch pvc feeding into the top of every bucket to circulate the water in. From outisde lip to outside of every bucket is about 36 icnhes so total its 3x3 and then the in and outs are going outside of the tent to the resi. My thought was to do a cob led build and use 5 of these cobs above each plant and have 2 panels all wired together in series to two Meanwell HLG-240H-C700's. All together for the 20 cob's it would total 438.2watts. What i am wondering is it worth it to go this route and build this? Will this be enough light for the 4x4 tent or would it be better to just purchase a second bestva 2000w grow light and have enough one over 2 buckets? The bestva cost me 219$ shipped on amazon, the diy cob build is going to cost me 198.96 for just the drivers and cob's still need to purchase the aluminum and thermal paste or tape for assembly. I get the 438.2watts running the cobs at 700mA im just unsure if this is going to be much of an upgrade over what i already have and i could spend the same amount on just getting a second one and having two of the same

Back