need help with plant not flowering

Reaction score
I have several auto-flowering, feminized plants growing and don't know what's going on with my Gorilla Glue. The Tangerine Dream is doing great and almost ready for harvest. The issue is that the Gorilla Glue was planted about 2 weeks earlier than the Tangerine Dream and, while a very healthy looking plant, hasn't even begun to flower. I am not experienced enough to know what's happening here. Can someone look at these pictures and offer a suggestion? Is the GG maybe a male plant? I have attached pictures of both, just so you can see the differences.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-210531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210531_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20211013-210555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210555_Gallery.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20211013-210610_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210610_Gallery.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20211013-210624_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210624_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211013-210654_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210654_Gallery.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20211013-210730_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-210730_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
I see pistols on that GG.. also how old is she? Could be a photo just showing her lady parts waiting for 12/12 or a long vegging autoflower. Also who's the breeder? What are about feeding.
There's a questionare you gotta fill in the infirmary section its sticky on the top somewhere.

I see pistols on that GG.. also how old is she? Could be a photo just showing her lady parts waiting for 12/12 or a long vegging autoflower. Also who's the breeder? What are about feeding.
There's a questionare you gotta fill in the infirmary section its sticky on the top somewhere.
Agree with all of this.

Probably a photo. If it were a male you'd still see its dude parts and it'd start growing sacs, nanners and seeds.

Thanks for the response. It's my first grow, so I am very inexperienced. She is 11 weeks old. The Tangerine is only 9 weeks old. I know it's a different strain, but you see how far along the Tangerine is. Seeds came from Growers Choice. They are both on 18/6. I didn't think I needed to go to 12/12 on an auto, but I am willing to try it to see if it knocks her into flowering. I switched to a lower nitrogen and higher phosphorus/potassium about 3 weeks ago.

She's 11 weeks?? I would say that's a photoperiod maybe contact who you got it from and let them know your situation.

Well, IF seems to be the operative word here. It was certainly labeled as an auto, but mistakes can happen. I guess I will let the lights remain the same until I harvest that Tangerine Dream, which should be pretty soon, then I will go to 12/12 and see what happens. Couldn't hurt, I guess. At this point I will try anything because the plant's not doing me any good without some flowers on it. Kind of need to harvest before Thanksgiving so my daughter doesn't come home from college and see that her bedroom is now a grow room! It was kind of a bad batch of seeds, in a way. Out of 5, this is the only one that germinated. On the Tangerine Dream, which I did the exact same way, I was 2 for 2, and they germinated very quickly.

I guess your advice is basically to switch to 12/12 and hang in there for a while to see what happens. Sounds like a plan.

Well, IF seems to be the operative word here. It was certainly labeled as an auto, but mistakes can happen. I guess I will let the lights remain the same until I harvest that Tangerine Dream, which should be pretty soon, then I will go to 12/12 and see what happens. Couldn't hurt, I guess. At this point I will try anything because the plant's not doing me any good without some flowers on it. Kind of need to harvest before Thanksgiving so my daughter doesn't come home from college and see that her bedroom is now a grow room! It was kind of a bad batch of seeds, in a way. Out of 5, this is the only one that germinated. On the Tangerine Dream, which I did the exact same way, I was 2 for 2, and they germinated very quickly.

I guess your advice is basically to switch to 12/12 and hang in there for a while to see what happens. Sounds like a plan.

As long as your other autos get their 18+!

Keep in mind, that not all genetic traits pass along 100% of the time. If this was bred with 2 auto flower parents you have something like a 1 in 32(don't hold me to this) chance of getting the ruderalis auto flowering trait getting left behind. Every time an auto flower is bred with another, the ruderalis genetics get a little thinner. If you switched to 12/12 it will probably start to flower.

If it was me, I would top it in a few places, do some LST and keep it "in veg" until the others wrap up. Then flip to 12/12 and end up with twice the yield it would have if it had gone into flower.

I have the same thing happening with a group of quad grape plants that are all around 43 days old. Definitely a female, but she's bigger than the others(first clue) and only has the first pistols at the nodes while the others are in flower.

Patience is needed here for sure. She may want some 12/12 or it could just be a fem w some weak ruderalis traits and its taking a bit longer to do its thing. Judging by the pistils id honesly say its weak ruderalis genetics and shes just taking her time.

If youre concerned. 12/12 wont hurt her by any means.

Back