Indoor Natural fade? Deficiencies? Both?

Reaction score
This is my second grow ever, and my first indoor. And we are near the finish line. It has been very smooth sailing so far, but the girls have been acting up just a bit lately.

We have a Bubblegum Auto, sprouted on 4/11 and flowering began on 5/1, which means this is approaching overall day 60 and day F40.

It has actually been transplanted twice, and is currently in a 5G fabric pot in FFOF soil. I won't be using Fox Farms soil again, with the exception of Happy Frog for germination, which I've had good luck with.

It looks like I'm seeing deficiencies suddenly, and I may need to step up my nutes.
IMG_20190609_100200.jpg

It has been fed Megacrop @ 4g/G with Bud Explosion @ 2g/G, with 5ml of added CalMag. Grown under 240W of QBs.
IMG_20190609_100145.jpg

It has behaved very well thoughout the grow until recently.

Do in need to step up the nutes, or should i top dress with EWC or some other mat and begin flushing?
IMG_20190609_101345.jpg

The buds have been pretty fat for a couple weeks, but no amber trichomes yet. They seem to be about half cloudy, but even with my loupe it's hard for me to tell.

I have a grow here with a lot more details and photos of the whole grow :

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...eedsman-phoenix-gps.71502/page-5#post-2120755

I've learned so much on these forums and I'm so fortunate to have such a resource. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I think I'll do a foliar feed of calmag and Molasses (if i can find it) tonight at lights out. I haven't done this at all yet, but the humidity has been so low lately, I think any concern of bud rot is eliminated.

Couldn't find the Molasses, but I made some kelp meal tea, added a little lime on the surface and watered it in with pH'd tap water (200ppm) with added CalMag, and am planning on doing a foliar feed of the screened kelp tea with CalMag.

Problem:
Yellowing leaves with brown spots between veins.

Medium/grow method:
Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Feed: and supplements used:
Megacrop @ 4g/G, Bud Explosion @ 2g/G, CalMag @ 5ml/G

water source:

Tap, well on property, non chlorinated, 80-200 ppm depending on rainfall

Strain/age:

00 Seeds Bubblegum Auto
https://www.seedsman.com/en/auto-bubble-gum-feminised-seeds

light used:
2x HLG 288v1 QBs @ 240w

Climate:

70-85 deg F, 40-55% RH

Additional info:
58 days old

Last edited:
:toke:-- yet another FFOF sufferer! ....look for Roots Organic original, that's decent, fairly common soil,...
... do you know what the total ppm and pH are of the nutrient solution? ...How often do you feed, and do you get any run-off? With the water at 200ppm already, and everything else going in, it could be getting overloaded in there with various nutes.... not quite burning, but I suspect P is getting locked out in part at least, even with the PK booster going in,... that, and/or the pH is off...
Symptoms look mostly like P defc., but with that crap soil known for acidic pH issues, that's also in play here,... What's needed is an in-pot pH reading to see if this is related to that,... I'm leaning toward advising you to do a flush, but before that have a look at this improved run-off pH test and calculation... run-off isn't a good measure of in-pot pH usually, and this method can help improve it... even doing a very crude test using RO/Di water only, not adjusting, to generate about 20% pot volume of run-off and collecting some at the very end and testing the pH can at least offer a clue; if it's way off, then we know at least it need correcting, and you can proceed directly to doing a flush... 2-3x pot volume, preferably with low ppm water, testing it every gal or so to check progress....

I won't be buying FFOF again! In fact, today I began cooking some super soil.

The PPM of my water actually caught me off guard. It's about 150 ppm higher than the last time I tested it, but that was earlier in spring when we had a lot of snow melt diluting everything. So at least it hasn't been getting that its whole life.

I did test and record the total PPM/EC of the nutrient solution, but I'll have to check my notes.
In another note, I discovered this plant currently has about 5% cloudy trichomes.

Back