Nutrients Miracle Gro Tomato

Reaction score
Is there truly any benefit to buying cannabis-specific nutrients? I've been using Miracle Gro Tomato (0.5 tsp in 2 gal water) with great results. It even contains a pH buffer that automatically adjusts my water from 7.0 to a perfect 6.2. This stuff is super cheap ($6 for 1.5 pounds) and seems to work well, so I'm curious if anyone sees any drawbacks here. Any reason to buy the expensive stuff?

Amazon product

Is there truly any benefit to buying cannabis-specific nutrients? I've been using Miracle Gro Tomato (0.5 tsp in 2 gal water) with great results. It even contains a pH buffer that automatically adjusts my water from 7.0 to a perfect 6.2. This stuff is super cheap ($6 for 1.5 pounds) and seems to work well, so I'm curious if anyone sees any drawbacks here. Any reason to buy the expensive stuff?

Amazon product

there are cheap cannabis-related food routes so look into megacrop as loads use it on here

I have used Tomorite for my first plants & while it did provide nutes I believe the NPK ratios are off & the plants suffer for it. You also need to use a lot less than the instructions on the bottle, or it is easy to overdo & burn your plants. You would make life a lot easier for yourself by buying specific nutes, but I don't know your situation and sometimes you have to make do with what you've got.

Personally I use ionic nutrients, which are really cheap but effective. I've never grown a bud that someone complained about.

If you grow bigger plants the ratios will be off some. I did some experimenting with Miracle Grow years ago, when I upped the feed I got some weird responses from the plant and the buds were not as good as other options. I wish I would of posted the journal. I did Jacks, some random Walmart tomato food, Miracle Grow, and Megacrop.

My goal was to show how cheap you could do a grow. I think I was trying to stay under 20 with the pot, nutrient, soil, and seed included.

Long story short it can and will work. Not optimal though. I am kicking myself for not posting it as it was done on clones so they were exact genetic replicas and you could tell the two with Jacks and Mega crop as the plants looked better had more buds.

I still use Megacrop some to this day. Jacks is a good option as well if you can get it. Both are inexpensive.

If you grow bigger plants the ratios will be off some. I did some experimenting with Miracle Grow years ago, when I upped the feed I got some weird responses from the plant and the buds were not as good as other options. I wish I would of posted the journal. I did Jacks, some random Walmart tomato food, Miracle Grow, and Megacrop.

My goal was to show how cheap you could do a grow. I think I was trying to stay under 20 with the pot, nutrient, soil, and seed included.

Long story short it can and will work. Not optimal though. I am kicking myself for not posting it as it was done on clones so they were exact genetic replicas and you could tell the two with Jacks and Mega crop as the plants looked better had more buds.

I still use Megacrop some to this day. Jacks is a good option as well if you can get it. Both are inexpensive.

Thanks. I was thinking of doing the same type of clone comparison. Megacrop looks appealing (Thanks St. Tom) due to some of the lesser components such as sulfur and a bit of Mo. Don't need much at all, but having SOME could matter over time, especially when recycling soil. Were you using the MG general purpose feed, or the tomato?

Thanks. I was thinking of doing the same type of clone comparison. Megacrop looks appealing (Thanks St. Tom) due to some of the lesser components such as sulfur and a bit of Mo. Don't need much at all, but having SOME could matter over time, especially when recycling soil. Were you using the MG general purpose feed, or the tomato?
the only reason I want you to go with a canna related food is you put a lot of time into these plants and tomato feed won't be adequate . also whenever you start your journey if you make a journal tag me plz bro

Pretty sure it was tomato so it would be similar to the Walmart one I bought.

Biggest issue honestly was bud density. Same strain/ genetics (lucky lime), same environment, same PPMs. I wish I was better at the science so I could make it sound fancy for you.

Reactions: AMG
Back