Outdoor minimal sun exposure

greenthumper

Student of the Dragon
Reaction score
Whats the minimum direct sunlight a plant can receive to live adequately? I found a outdoor spot that receives direct sunlight from 9am-1pm(1pm-7pm indirect rays). Could a plant survive and flourish in this spot?

Where in the world are you located? It all depends on how intense the lighting is when your actually getting it. I mean im sure it will grow, it just might not be as "full" as you might hope. I mean your only getting 10hr's of sunlight a day so its tough to say really.

I don't know about flourish but they will do okay. I've grown a lot outdoors and in my experience plants need at least six hours of direct sunlight to have any chance of making a decent harvest. i think this would apply more to autos.

I'm 10 degrees north, my rays are pretty damn direct :D.

yes it will survive but idk how good i will turn out... im kinda dealing with the same issue on trying get ass much direct sunlight as i can so what i deiced to do was put them in 3gallon pots so i can move them around to get ass much sunlight as i can give them...good luck happy growing :smoke: Smoking

How indirect is the evening light? If you're still getting decent light for another six hours you'll do okay.:thumbs:

You can grow there but it's not the optimum conditions and the yield might not be as good as it would be with more sunlight,but if thats all you got go for it.:toke:

How indirect is the evening light? If you're still getting decent light for another six hours you'll do okay.:thumbs:

Basically Its a clearing with trees surrounding it. I have to be guerrilla so I plan on putting them a couple feet into the trees. The remaining 6 hours of sunlight will be filtered through trees.

What strain are you planning on growing? With less light an indica dominant plant would do better.

Back