Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Chem City Blues smoke report

Hippy_BiotabsF70

Formerly Hippy71
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Everything
Hi AFNers. I never got around to doing a smoke report for this one, but don't see many so thought I would do one. Quite an unusual strain imo and worth a try for sure @mephisto :d5: :vibe:

SeedBank : Mephisto Genetics

Strain: Chem City Blues

Did it autoflower?: Yes but can't remember when.

Soil/hydro: Biobizz Lightmix in 15 litre Airpot

Nutes: AN PH Perfect evil chem nute cocktail of doom.

Light (kind and schedule): DIY Citizen CLU048 250w cob light. 20/4 schedule.

From seed to harvest date: Erm, 70-75 days or so? :baked:

Dry Yield: About 3 oz / 85g. Maybe a little more.

High/Effect Duration: Bit of a creeper to start with this one. A nice body / leg buzz builds up fairly slowly and settles to a nice mellow high. Then about 10 minutes later you notice you are smiling like a lunatic and half your eyes have disappeared! :jointman: :baked:

I got about 2 hours of good old school happy hippy type high every time I smoked it, although there was very rarely 2 hours between smokes! :woohoo1:

OVERALL RATE SCALE: 7/10 (not higher due to my issues during the grow, NOT the strain/genetics)

BAG APPEAL: 6/10 (again, down to numpty here getting something wrong in flowering, it didn't look amazing when dry as the buds lacked density). Saying that, the tops were pretty awesome (see pic below)!

THE GROWTH: 9/10 Awesome plant to grow. Large, vigorous, smelly. Loads of big side branches producing lots of big fat buds.

Description

THE SMELL: 7/10 Quite a weird smell in some ways. Blueberry/fruity type smell. SLIGHT toilet/rank smell! Very sweet once broken up. This cured for around 2 months and was extremely smelly and sweet by the end.

Description

THE SMOKE: 8.5/10 Really enjoyed the smoke / high from this strain. Nice indica type body buzz but also a good uplifting high that energises me (a bit!) and puts me in a really good mood. Similar effect to proper uk cheese and blue cheese for me personally.

I DID NOT do this plant justice due to a problem during flowering. I can't really remember what happened but I think I over watered and overfed during flowering and caused a lock out of some sort. P maybe. But she still produced a decent amount of really good smoke. Only real issue being the look of the dry buds.

If an expert grew her with organics I reckon she would be a real star :thumbsup: :vibe:

Only one photo to follow but I will try to dig some up from the grow journal.

Last edited:
aa6bae76a9884644d38c4d1d8f803206.jpg

The fat smelly sticky icky tops :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice! What medium are you using in those airpots?

Thanks mate :d5:

It's Biobizz Lightmix with quite a bit of perlite mixed in. And about an inch of clay pebbles. I think it was @Dr. Babnik that kindly put me onto clay pebbles. They stabilise the top layer of soil, make watering with airpots much easier, and keep certain bugs at bay. Win win win! :vibe:

I have actually seen some people use all clay pebbles! Nothing else.

It is hard to fuck up a Mephisto.They always deliver.

Thanks. I think? :crying:

You are correct mate - they are very easy plants to grow for sure. Almost makes it look like muppets like me know what we're doing! :vibe:

Back