MARS HYDRO SP & TS QUANTUM BOARD SERIES. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Marshydro

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.mars-hydro.com
In 2019, Mars Hydro releases two led grow light series, one is Mars SP series, another is Mars TS series.

They both use new SMD chips, using low current to drive while with a lot of them to make sure the whole light output is high.

They are both white colors, sunlike full spectrum suitable for both veg and flower or all stage of your plants’ growing.

They both put high PPE above 2.15umol/j, and they are all with no fan design.

During the past months, the two series have been tested and proved with great growing results and become Mars Hydro growers' favorite new lights, But, many of the growers still have confusion, what is the difference between the two lines? Now, we will give you the answer below.

b9d9551e63d8b29e250f5f605be61a52.jpg

@MarshydroTina with a thicker heat sink does that mean the dioes will burn out more slowly too and the light will last longer too? What is the average temperature of a single diode of each light? What about the average temperature released at the heatsink of each? This post makes me intrigued because Mars hydro LEDs are what I have used for years and I want to lower my heat output

@MarshydroTina with a thicker heat sink does that mean the dioes will burn out more slowly too and the light will last longer too? What is the average temperature of a single diode of each light? What about the average temperature released at the heatsink of each? This post makes me intrigued because Mars hydro LEDs are what I have used for years and I want to lower my heat output
If the heat is reduced, the light will last longer, Too much heat is not good for beads and power, the heat emitted by the light of the same wattage is similar. It mainly depends on the design of the light. like the traditional purple led light we sell, the fan inside the light can help the light to dissipate heat well. However, TS and SP are designed without fans, so the heat cannot be blown away. People will think that the heat of the light is very high. as long as you add a fan to the tent and blow on the light, the heat will also be reduced.

If They run as cool as my boards you dont need a heatsink. The lights being spread out helps a ton on keeping the lights cool. The so series having the light diodes so close together is what generates the heat. I personally would also remove driver from back of boards on ts and sp series though as those generate more heat than the boards themselves.

@MarshydroTina would you all sell the boards only on the ts series?
At present, we only produce TS and SP white light. We will extend the power lines of SP and TS, so that you can choose to hang the power out of the tent, which can solve the heat problem

At present, we only produce TS and SP white light. We will extend the power lines of SP and TS, so that you can choose to hang the power out of the tent, which can solve the heat problem
I have my own drivers and just need the boards.

This would be wonderful! If I can hang the light inside and have the heat dissipate outside of the grow area I can keep the temperatures all in the right spit.
Thank you for all of your help and information on this product line! I will wait to see when the extended power lines for the SP and TS come out. That will help :)
THANK YOU!!!

Back