Mars Hydro FC8000 Hanging Height & DImming %

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

In a 5x5 with a FC8000. 15 Seedlings just came above the soil and looking stretchy.

Had the light at 25% dimming at 23".

Ive now increased it to 30% and have it roughly 16" from the "canopy".

Can anyone give some advice on dimming % and heights for this specific light? @Marshydro Ive looked at the Mars Hydro website and there is totally conflicting information even on the same page here:

Last edited:
Quick YouTube search and you’ll find lots of different videos testing the light in 5x5 tent I think migro has one
Seen the Migro one. He tests it in a 4x4. I have a 5x5. Not sure what PAR is ideal for seedlings either.

If someone kindly has some set answers id massively appreciate it

Last edited:

Thanks, was watching this now. He tests in a a5x5 but always at 100% setting. I prefer to save electricity/the planet.

I dont understand PAR much. Just looking for a hanging height and dimming % but appreciate your help.

Hopefully at 16" height and 30% dimming they wont burn and stop stretching.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

In a 5x5 with a FC8000. 15 Seedlings just came above the soil and looking stretchy.

Had the light at 25% dimming at 23".

Ive now increased it to 30% and have it roughly 16" from the "canopy".

Can anyone give some advice on dimming % and heights for this specific light? @Marshydro Ive looked at the Mars Hydro website and there is totally conflicting information even on the same page here:

For the FC8000, you can use our highest recommended height and minimum dimming in the blog.

Their website....
FC SERIES USING TIPS
ADD SUPPLEMENTAL CO2
FIXED HANGING HEIGHT: 8"
Seedling
Vegetative
Dimming: 25%
PPFD: 500-800 umol/ m/s
Working Time: 18/6 ON*OFF
Dimming: 75%
PPFD: 800-1000 umol/m/s
Working Time: 18/6 ON*OFF