MediJane submitted a new Showcase Item:

Mars-Hydro 300 W (old model) Review

Brand of LED: Mars-Hydro

Price of the led : $107.99 shipped

Delivery cost: included in cost

What size was the grow space : Started at 2X2X48 finished at 4X2X60

Spectrum used: ???

Customer service rating..1-5: 5

Wattage of the LED ( actual power draw if poss): ???

Optics used : ???

Build quality: Excellent

Warranty length : 1 year

Any noticeable plant deficiencies : I'm so new that I wouldn't know.

Value for Money Rating..1-5: 4. I say 4 because I know they have new lights out that are supposed to be awesome.

Addition info : Took a gamble on this light and couldn't be happier. Runs cool (adds about 10 degrees F to the temperatures when running all day.

Link to your AFN grow: https://www.autoflower.org/f5/1st-g...ent-big-buddha-cheese-led-cfl-soil-39651.html

Link to where it was bought : http://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsHydro-3...70-180W-True-Watts-Lamps-Panel-/390567591853?

Pic of the LED panel ( optional ) :
7fRWLb9m.jpg

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those 300 watt old school led panels are great lights that grow wicked weed. Very thorough report

I've got one and you cant find a better value. I'm using both a Mars I and a Mars II. I'm on my first grow with the Mars I but I've been through a half a dozen grows with the Mars II and it's a little too powerful for the space I im. I think you made a great choice.:goodluck:

Those 300 watt old school led panels are great lights that grow wicked weed. Very thorough report

Thanks Fairly! I really am blown away by it. And with that light, CFL's, three fans, and occassional dehumidifier/humidifier - my electric bills have gone up only about $35 a month!

I've got one and you cant find a better value. I'm using both a Mars I and a Mars II. I'm on my first grow with the Mars I but I've been through a half a dozen grows with the Mars II and it's a little too powerful for the space I im. I think you made a great choice.:goodluck:

Thanks Jack! Too much for your tent really? Wow. I was thinking about getting a reflector series for bloom and running the old light for veg. I wonder if that would be way too much for my little space. I admit, I've got a lot to learn about lighting! And everything else for that matter!

Medi, The Reflectors use 3W LEDs diodes vs the Mars II with 5W diodes so you should be good with that. My problem is growing height. I only have 26" of vertical space in my main tent. I have a light diffuser over the Mars II to keep it from bleaching the plants. Really if you have height you can probably use any of Mars' four models. :peace:

Brand of LED: Mars-Hydro

Price of the led : $107.99 shipped

Delivery cost: included in cost

What size was the grow space : Started at 2X2X48 finished at 4X2X60

Spectrum used: ???

Customer service rating..1-5: 5

Wattage of the LED ( actual power draw if poss): ???

Optics used : ???

Build quality: Excellent

Warranty length : 1 year

Any noticeable plant deficiencies : I'm so new that I wouldn't know.

Value for Money Rating..1-5: 4. I say 4 because I know they have new lights out that are supposed to be awesome.

Addition info : Took a gamble on this light and couldn't be happier. Runs cool (adds about 10 degrees F to the temperatures when running all day.

Link to your AFN grow: https://www.autoflower.org/f5/1st-grow-dutch-passion-think-different-big-buddha-cheese-led-cfl-soil-39651.html

Link to where it was bought : http://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsHydro-300W-LED-Grow-Light-40cm-Length-5KG-170-180W-True-Watts-Lamps-Panel-/390567591853?

Pic of the LED panel ( optional ) :
7fRWLb9m.jpg

I have a pair of them and they have worked perfectly. Grown some great bud with them too! Probably the best " bang for your buck" light for people on a budget!

Thanks Jack! Too much for your tent really? Wow. I was thinking about getting a reflector series for bloom and running the old light for veg. I wonder if that would be way too much for my little space. I admit, I've got a lot to learn about lighting! And everything else for that matter!
I would run both angle them put the horse power too your plants from day one but that is me

Back