Extraction Making Cannabis gummy candy.

Reaction score
Heres my guide at making Cannabis Gummy Bears.

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.
One 3oz(85g) package of Jello.
4 packets of unflavored Gelatin. (The box I have pictured below came with 4 packets.)
1-3 tea spoons of Vegetable Glycerin.
Cannabis Oil* (Amount is up to you. Read Below.)
Pipette or turkey baster.

Gummy Bear molds. (Or any silicon mold shape really.)
Sauce pot. (I have a really nice non stick pot. This candy gets pretty sticky even as a liquid.)
- I used a pyrex glass with parchement paper to decarboxylate my shatter. But the shatter stuck to the paper and I had to scrape it off. Going forward I will just decarboxylate my BHO right in the pot I use. That way even if it sticks it will all melt in with the rest of the mix later. And theres no waste.

20170110_215830.jpg
20170110_220704.jpg

*I use 1/2 a gram of decarboxylated Shatter BHO per double recipe. (1/4 gram per jello box.) You can use any extract you'd like. I read even butter works, but probably tastes funny in a candy. A lot of people use coconut oil extracts as well.

Ok on to the directions.

First off you'll need to decarboxylate your extract. Get that THC activated and whatnot. For this I use my oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 - 60 mins. This is how I do it. If you have another method you prefer, go for it.

20170110_223558.jpg

Once you have some decarbed extract. Turn your stove on medium heat, pour the cold water into the pot along with your jello mix and 4 packets of gelatin. Mix that all up and keep stiring.

20170110_223258.jpg

As thats heating up and dissolving your gelatin and jello powders, mix in your extract of choice.
Mix that all up still on medium heat.

20170110_224135.jpg

You'll notice little brown spots in my mix. Thats my shatter.
Add in 1 tsp of Vegetable Glycerin and mix it really well. You don't want to see anymore brown spots, but rather a nice blended mix. If it doesn't blend after 1 tsp, Add another. But don't pass 3 tsp.

20170110_224344.jpg

Now that your extract has infused with the jello and gelatin mixture, we're ready to start putting the mix into the molds. Turn your heat down to low.
Use the pipette or turkey baster, siphon up the mixture and fill up your molds.

20170110_224616.jpg
20170110_225749.jpg

Like I said before this candy gets sticky. You'll most likely have a harder time the longer the mixture sits. Also the lower you get to the end, it becomes a bit harder to work with.

Stick the molds into the fridge and let them sit there for 30 minutes. After that, just pop them out of the mold and enjoy! :)

20170110_235356.jpg
20170116_191434.jpg

*Notes
They last about a week or so kept at room temperature. They last about 2 weeks stored in the fridge, Even longer if you put them in the freezer till needed.

Please don't let any kids get in reach of these. :yikes:

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.
4 packets of unflavored Gelatin. (The box I have pictured below came with 4 packets.)

Sauce pot. (I have a really nice non stick pot. This candy gets pretty sticky even as a liquid.)
- I used a pyrex glass with parchement paper to decarboxylate my shatter. But the shatter stuck to the paper and I had to scrape it off. Going forward I will just decarboxylate my BHO right in the pot I use. That way even if it sticks it will all melt in with the rest of the mix later. And theres no waste.

View attachment 699843 View attachment 699844

*I use 1/2 a gram of decarboxylated Shatter BHO per double recipe. (1/4 gram per jello box.) You can use any extract you'd like. I read even butter works, but probably tastes funny in a candy. A lot of people use coconut oil extracts as well.

Ok on to the directions.

First off you'll need to decarboxylate your extract. Get that THC activated and whatnot. For this I use my oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 - 60 mins. This is how I do it. If you have another method you prefer, go for it.

View attachment 699846

Once you have some decarbed extract. Turn your stove on medium heat, pour the cold water into the pot along with your jello mix and 4 packets of gelatin. Mix that all up and keep stiring.

View attachment 699845

As thats heating up and dissolving your gelatin and jello powders, mix in your extract of choice.

View attachment 699847

Add in 1 tsp of Vegetable Glycerin and mix it really well. You don't want to see anymore brown spots, but rather a nice blended mix. If it doesn't blend after 1 tsp, Add another. But don't pass 3 tsp.

View attachment 699848

Now that your extract has infused with the jello and gelatin mixture, we're ready to start putting the mix into the molds. Turn your heat down to low.

View attachment 699849 View attachment 699850

Like I said before this candy gets sticky. You'll most likely have a harder time the longer the mixture sits. Also the lower you get to the end, it becomes a bit harder to work with.

Stick the molds into the fridge and let them sit there for 30 minutes. After that, just pop them out of the mold and enjoy! :)

View attachment 699851 View attachment 699852

*Notes
They last about a week or so kept at room temperature. They last about 2 weeks stored in the fridge, Even longer if you put them in the freezer till needed.

Great post !

What you'll need:
1/2 Cup Cold Water.

View attachment 699843 View attachment 699844

Ok on to the directions.

View attachment 699846

View attachment 699845

View attachment 699847

View attachment 699848

View attachment 699849 View attachment 699850

View attachment 699851 View attachment 699852

*Notes

Yip,ill be trying these!!

Back