Looking for some guidance

Reaction score
Well I'm wrapping up my first indoor and it's been quite the learning experience for sure. I'm starting over with my method and going with a typical super soil mix while I work on a few no till containers in the mean time

Mixture info is below. Ive been getting varied feedback on the mixture so please feel free to chime in. My main question is should I wait a full 30-45 days for the mix to compost and use it in my full container, or should I use it in the bottom half to 1/3 of the container with a base mix on top(promix hp, worm castings and compost)?

If I do go with the latter and only use the mix in the bottom half, should I be okay to plant within the next 2 weeks? I figure the bottom of the container would have enough time to compost at that point.

All dry amendments are down to earth brand or from build a soil

15 gallons promix hp
7 gallons worm castings
1 gallon pinto bean compost
2 cups neem seed meal
2 cups cotton seed meal
1 cup bat guano
1 cup Seabird guano
2 cups azomite
1 cup vegan mix
1 cup oyster shell
2 cups kelp meal
1 cup feather meal
1 cup crustacean meal
1 cup fish bone meal
1 cup alfalfa meal
1 tbsp humid acid
1/3 cup epsom salt
3 cups dolomite lime

What size pots are you going to use . :thumbsup:

Yes, I was going to say perlite or something for drainage. Mix looks great so far.

I have just found out what promix hp soil is , I can't help you there as I grow in real soil . :thumbsup:

Yes, I was going to say perlite or something for drainage. Mix looks great so far.

Thank you! I have some black lava rock on hand as well I'll be mixing into the base if that's the route I go

I have just found out what promix hp soil is , I can't help you there as I grow in real soil . :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to have some real soil going in the next few years! This is only the start :) Thanks for stopping by :smoking:

@hecno just browsed your thread a bit and couldnt find an entry for what you use as a base mix. Care to share what you are using? Either way I'll be reading through your thread, I'll be busy for a couple days at least :cheers:

@HashFlags I use this as a base .
1571039580453.png
and add lots more to it , then I let cook for no less than 3 months. . I try to use as much as I can that I find around me ,

@HashFlags I use this as a base . View attachment 1115113 and add lots more to it , then I let cook for no less than 3 months. . I try to use as much as I can that I find around me ,

I am slowly making my way through your thread. Definitely giving me some motivation to source more locally. What is this searles potting mix base composed of? Spent the last 30 mins googling and only found that it's a potting mix with added natural and organic fertilizers. Is it a peat based mix?

Back