Live Stoners Looking for a killer strain of my youth - "red hair"?

Torquemada

Your friendly inquisitor
Reaction score
Back in 1995 I was in college. The only cannabis product we could get was dirty hash that dealers used to sell in the city park. And that's all I ever tried until a friend of mine gave me weed that he called "red hair". It was covered with glistening reddish trichomes.

Being used to crappy hash, I rolled a joint with the same amount of this weed and smoked it with a friend of mine. We were both totally out of minds with ecstasy, laughing and freaking out. I never felt the same wonderful rush since.

Even then, they had grow shops but I didn't dare start growing. Instead, I went to one of them and got their catalogue of strains. I read it so many times that the names "Positronics", "Sensi Seeds", and "Dutch Passion" burned in my memory forever. And in them, I found my mythical "red hair" weed.

Even though I only started growing this summer, a few years ago I wanted to see what's the deal with the dream strain from my college days. All I got was a handful of posts on a forum where people remembered it from decades ago, wondering why the strain went extinct.

I looked for it again today, with similar luck. A website mentioned it as a Nirvana strain, but Nirvana doesn't list it any more.

Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about? Is this strain gone, is it just renamed, was it as wonderful as I remember it?

Back