Indoor Light cycle when first pop?

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I'll be growing with 20/4 light cycle mostly to control mid day heat.
When they first emerge from the soil I have my 315 CMH/LEC way up high and gradually move closer over a 2 week period.

My question is should I go with a 24 cycle to start and then switch to the 20/4?
I know babies can handle a little higher temps (high 80s) and would they benefit with 24 hour to start. Say for the first 2 weeks?

Last edited:
I'll be growing with 20/4 light cycle mostly to control mid day heat.
When they first emerge from the soil I have my 315 CMH/LEC way up high and gradually move closer over a 2 week period.

My question is should I go with a 24 cycle to start and then switch to the 20/4?
I know babies can handle a little higher temps (high 80s) and would they benefit with 24 hour to start. Say for the first 2 weeks?
That is one of the beauties of autflowers, you can do the light change whenever you desire. Personally I grow around the clock with light. The higher temp you posted would be beneficial to the vegging process. I would be more inclined to go with viewing the veg process to decide when to change light schedule. I have used several light schedules for a grow previously and there was nary a problem.

I switched to 20/4 after my girls got their 2nd set of leaves. 6 days. Is your light dimmable?

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

I switched to 20/4 after my girls got their 2nd set of leaves. 6 days. Is your light dimmable?

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
Not dimmable.
Thanks for idea though.

I know most go with 20/4 but I have found an uninterrupted 24/7 keeps the environment stable through out the whole grow.

I know most go with 20/4 but I have found an uninterrupted 24/7 keeps the environment stable through out the whole grow.
My grow tent is in a south facing garage that is hottest from about 1 pm to 5 pm. So lights off then.

Well that makes sense even with seedlings then

I have it at 19/5. Because... well... because fu*k it. :smoking:

Back