Light cycle and tent setup Q

Reaction score
I’ve grown autos outdoors a few times but I’m currently underway on an indoor grow. Plants are in a 4x8 tent. 9 plants in 4gal pots under one 600w hps. Plants haven’t started to flower yet. On the other half of the tent I have 630w cmh hanging with just one bulb running (315w) that is over my mothers, clones and various veggies that will be going outdoors.
Im wondering if I should stick with a 18/6 light cycle with the autos under a 600w hps or if the light is powerful enough to back it off to 12/12? Im thinking that eventually I’ll move the cmh over and run it as well over the autos with either one or two bulbs in it.
I’ve read that if the DLI is high enough then 12/12 is sufficient but I’m not sure how to measure that so I’m thinking I’ll just stick with 18/6

I also have an empty 3x3 tent with an unused cmh in there as well. Im torn between running the setup I have now and having the 4x8 as my veg tent with autos flowering in it as well or backing the light off to 12/12 and using the tent as a photoperiod and auto flower tent and using the 3x3 as the veg tent.

thoughts? Im assuming that even with HID lights I’ll be advised to use 18/6. Currently with one light they are all under one 600w hps but may add 315w or 630w to a total of 925w or up yo 1230w as they get bigger. Tent runs about 26-29C most days with just passive exhaust and fans blowing on the plants. Have a new AC infinity 8” setup to exhaust once they start yo flower and smell.

Back