Lighting LED vs HPS

iWumbo

I lost my keys
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Some weed
Is there a side by side comparison of hps lighting vs led and cost effectiveNess and the density, temp, any of the factors pros or cons of which is superior?

I have an hps and it's very effective for the tent grow but gets to hot is led less heat or what

Absolutely less heat. It is like comparing summer to winter. The same with electric costs. Way less.
White light cobs are the immediate future @iWumbo. I have three AutoCobs blasting my small room
right now and I have to add CFL's to bring the heat up. As Tony says "their great"!!!
Tech questions ask @BigSm0 he will answer all that is sought. My advice be careful I might make up what I don't know......:shrug:
:crying:

A watt is a watt no matter if it's LED or hps. Where the benefit of switching to a brand name white light cob like Cree or citizen is the light output. Hps is low on the efficiency or light per watt scale. It does have a good spectrum as do these cobs. These specific cobs give you much more light per watt requiring less overall wattage equaling less heat. LED claims more light per watt but does fall short.

Been online 15 years now.......;)

All i can say is,LED's sure have come a long way,i tested even house hold 14 watt bulbs,and got nice bud!
WAY LESS HEAT,and electric,strike 3 HPS are out id say in the future,they also add a higher percentage%THC,like a reptile bulb!
Op

So is the white led better that the red and blue light ? And also are they like CFL where it says like 100 watts equal but it only runs like 30 w. And thanks for all the answers

White light will cover more spectrum then just red and blue light. Answer: Yes. Now you are asking me to repeat what the guru's have taught this
large grasshopper. Watts as most of us think we understand them are misleading. White light cobs use less energy but the energy they use they
use more efficiently. They produce more light and less heat because of this efficiency. The experts here will fill in anything I missed or screwed up.
:shrug:

Back